“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Wichita Falls

You added Motel 6 Wichita Falls to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wichita Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1212 Broad St, Wichita Falls, TX 76301 (Formerly American Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The room itself was very clean. It appeared that the main room had been remodeled recently. The bathroom on the other hand, left something to be desired. It was very small (smaller than your average motel bathroom). The shower head was very short. It was even too short for my 12 year old who is just over 5 feet tall. All in all, it wasn't a bad visit. We never spend much time in the room while we are away anyway. The staff was very nice, even let us check-in before the normal check-in time with the understanding that the room may not have been cleaned yet. That wasn't a problem for us. We were visiting friends and wouldn't be in the area after 3pm until after 10pm which would have been a VERY late check-in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Shady residential clientelle are the only ones scrambling to get a room here. The original luxury of this mid century motel has been replaced with cheap furnishings, soiled carpets, bad smells (including the lobby) and hideous distasteful "updating". The foreign "American" ownership and management have a very unfriendly and un-American attitude. No smiles or hospitality here. You pay for your room and then get lost buddy! Hopefully your phone will work when you try to call for a clean towel. Leaky dripping faucets, musty smells that don't cover the cigarette and B.O. smells that linger and curtains that won't close completely. Of course there is no longer a swimmingpool, it's been sloppily paved over! Oh, and wait till the roaches come crawling through the door opening and move to the restroom about midnight. Also one shouldnt have to "request" toilet tissue during a motel stay!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here only one night, but would have liked to have stayed longer. Upon check in I was greeted promptly, and courteously by the front desk attendant. Check in was prompt. The room was delightful. Very large size (huge), well decorated and furnished. Room included table, chair, single lounge and coffee table, very comfortable bed, microwave, good sized fridge, tv, free Internet, hot shower, fantastically warm heater (well needed on an especially cold night). To say I was impressed is an understatement, by far the best Motel 6 I have stayed at so far. In agreement with other people though, the hotel is not too far from the freeway, however the noise was not too bad outside and from inside the room you could not hear anything at all. The room appeared to be well sound proofed. I would recommend this Motel 6. Very enjoyable stay!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

There are better places to stay. I thought I was getting a 4 star when I booked. But little did I know. It is off the beaten path down below the expressway. Very noisy, people live here and it was terrible. I would of cancelled if I hadn't already paid.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
wichita falls tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

manager and front desk help easy inn did not take a lot of time quiet good locatrion close to down town location make easy travel to all parts of city good stay good price

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

It had new paint, some new furnishings, new carpet etc. They have tried hard to make it a nicer place to stay but a few important details make this one to pass up. The surrounding neighborhood is a little sketchy. The door didn't fit squarely so the deadbolt didn't function. The chain latch had been painted over so it didn't slide in for the backup lock. The room was pretty clean but there were condoms in the desk drawer and in the bedside drawer which shows a lack of attention to cleanlyness. I would pass this one up. you can likely get a great deal on somewhere else in this town and feel much safer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

****DO NOT STAY HERE EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDEDs ON IT*****

I must say I didnt set out to write a review ,but after the hell that I had to go thru with this place with my last stay, I wanted to share my story with others. 1st, I was told one price over the phone then when I arrived it was something different. My reservation was lost and I ended up spending $136 for 3 nights, much more then I wanted to pay. Now I wouldnt have spent this, but being the Hotter Then Hell Race week, most places are 100 percnt booked up. On my 1st night, I noticed my copy of the reciept that I only showed paying cash to the motel and the check out day showed the next morning. I questioned the staff and was told that my check out was 3 days, instead of the 5 that I was told it would be at check in. The clerk she would have to check with mgmt. and get back with me which I am still waiting on. Needless to say my family and I had to struggle to find other accomadations before that day we had to check out. The room when we checked it smelled funny and there was a hole in the wall that my 3 1/2 year old was very curious about. Inside the hole was old wood and a used pill bottle. As if all this wasnt enough, I found that the cable tv was very snowy and not even watchable. I even brought in my own tv to see if that would help but didnt. The next morning, we found out that the shower only had hot water, no cold. Good thing I always check before getting in or I would have burned my skin off. The management was told, said someone would be right over to fix. As of the night before the check out, no cold water in the shower. We found a room in Wichita falls for 3 nights and 1 night we have to drive to Lawton, OK (50 miles north).

There were plently of rooms here, no one offered to put us in another room so that we could shower, the curtains dont close all the way so people can look in, we found sewing needs in the curtains as well as a rusty old nail. The phone was ripped open and the cord was broken so the connection wasnt always plugged in, no remote for the tv and the maids that came in today didnt even take out the trash not to mention what looks like old blood stains on the floor and the celing and the dresser drawers fall off if you look at them wrong. I am sure there are health codes about that and I plan on contacting the better busniess folks about this place if not local tv and the newspaper so that others dont have to go thru what me and I am sure countless others have. I wouldnt stay here again if this was the only place still standing. Heck they couldnt pay me enough to come back here.

Been to Motel 6 Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!