“We couldn't have asked for a better, more pleasant place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel at Wichita Falls

Save Saved
You added The Hotel at Wichita Falls to your Saves list
The Hotel at Wichita Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Central Freeway, Wichita Falls, TX 76306 (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita Falls)   |
Ranked #15 of 29 hotels in Wichita Falls
Colorado
“We couldn't have asked for a better, more pleasant place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because my Mother had passed away and her service was in Iowa Park. They were so accommodating, gave us upgrades for the same price as a regular room since some needed a refrigerator because of medicine that needed to be kept cold. Everyone took care of us very well and prepared a special dish for the bereavement dinner. The wait staff was wonderful not just for the dinner but for the other meals we ate there. There was a big group but they handled it well. We will definitely go back when we are in the area again.
The Jacksons and Ille families

• Stayed September 2009

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The staff at the hotel went out their way to make sure that our stay for my daughter and her soon to be husbands wedding(at the falls) was great. We even had a small reception following the wedding there and they did a fantastic job. If you want a place to go that they make you feel like you are part of the family, this is just the place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The Holiday Inn was a good value this weekend. We paid only $60/night and the rooms were clean. The carpet could use some updating, but it was an inexpensive room. The food was really poor. The kitchen was extremely slow. I wish there had been somewhere else to eat nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
new orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

I should've kept driving to Amarillo than stay a night at this hotel. The shower leaked all night. The a/c wasn't cold at all. And the employees were as friendly as a rattlesnake guarding her nest.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
North Central Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I made the mistake of trying to book a room in Wichita Falls the weekend of the "Hotter-N-Hell" bike race through town. After checking out what seemed like endless hotel websites that were completely booked, I managed to find one room at the Holiday Inn. I called several times after making my reservation to confirm that I had a room, and they always said yes I did. Upon calling my last time I was informed that I was staying in an ADA room-Handicap Accessible. I did not think much of it and checked in fine-the employees the front desk were nice and answered some of my questions about the area. When I got to my room my mouth dropped. The king bed that I had booked was really a small double-not even a queen! There was no place for me to put my luggage, and my view outside the window had me making friends with a A/C unit! The bathroom was even worse-the floor looked like someone had made a "mess" on the floor and no one had cleaned up yet. There was zero counter space. I'm not kidding...

I paid $179 a night for this place! This is not the kind of place that I would think I would be paying $179 for! I will NEVER return back to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Sugar Land
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

From the poor reviews of this website, I was nervous. Only problem was, I'd already booked through Priceline. It was a pleasant surprise to find a room that far exceeded the reviews. Only disappointment was that the room would have been far less expensive if I'd booked through the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
FASTOkie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

I stay 120 nights a year in a motel/hotel. This was nasty dirty. I informed management and in fact did a walk thru with management in the room I stayed. Comment from management zero.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Hotel at Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!