“Worst Experience Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel at Wichita Falls

You added The Hotel at Wichita Falls to your Saves list
The Hotel at Wichita Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Central Freeway, Wichita Falls, TX 76306 (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita Falls)   |
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
“Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My three friends and I, at age 18, went to Wichita Falls to scrimmage Midwestern State and decided to stay in this hotel for one night.

First of all, we were treated poorly by the front desk because we looked young. Check in was at 3 and we came at 5:30 and our room, that we reserved, was still not ready and would not be for 1 more hour... What are we supposed to do then? We don't live there. We went outside to put our things back in the car and went inside to go to the bathroom and he said our room was now ready. We were checking out and he first charged us $15 dollars more than we were supposed to "incase we used the bar or restaurant". He knew we were not 21, so why would he even charge us for it? After assisting that's not the right price he brought it down to the right price very rudely.

Later that night, we wanted to pop some popcorn and the microwave in the snack room was broken, so we asked a worker in the bar if they had a microwave and they said that the restaurant does. So we went and asked the host and she sat back in her chair with her hand on her mouth and said "I don't know, go check somewhere else". We eventually got the cook in the restaurant to pop our popcorn and she was the only genuinely nice person at the hotel.

Everyone was rude to us and didn't take us seriously because of our age. It was frustrating and extremely annoying. Never ever going here again or recommending it to anyone ever.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel at Wichita Falls, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Hannahennessey,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues an unacceptable service you had encountered with some of our staff. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you simply need a place to sleep, this hotel works. If you need to eat food during your stay, don't attempt to eat at this hotel. I ordered room service for breakfast that never came. I tried to eat at the hotel restaurant and was met with SLOW service and raw waffles. The front desk staff was not very friendly.

Room Tip: Quiet, clean room good for sleeping and showering; but don't eat the food!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel at Wichita Falls, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Linda H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Please accept my sincere apology the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret your stay was negatively affected by the poor service you received from our restaurant staff. Rest assured, I will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
College Station, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay in hotels frequently, and this is the only place I've ever gone out of my way to give a negative review.

The hotel was poorly staffed upon my arrival - There was only one gentleman checking people in, answering phones, etc., meaning my check-in took about half an hour. Great. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and doing his best to manage. Upon exiting my elevator, the entire floor wreaked of smoke - something I've never experienced outside of Vegas. Room was spacious, but the most unpleasant surprise was:

BED BUGS. I left the hotel COVERED in bites all over my body, and was scratching for weeks. Unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lake Arthur, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have stayed here at least three or four times in the last five years traveling back and forth between Louisiana and Colorado. It is pet friendly. There is a restaurant on site where kids under twelve eat free- and who doesn't want to save a few dollars where ever they can? The food and the wait staff are both enjoyable. Our last stay was on Thanksgiving night and to our surprise the restaurant was open. The rooms are clean the staff are friendly. It is in a good location- just perfect for us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure if regular staff was away for Thanksgiving holidays or what but our stay was most certainly unsatisfactory! First of I came to check in and there was no one around, I waited and waited 8 month pregnant w bags while my husband held bags and baby and I finally had to look around for staff... Upon arrival of the front desk operator another customer had come up an was helped w her lengthy issue before I was even aknowledged. 2nd evening we get to room after long day and sleepy kids to find our keys do not work, my husband went to front desk and returned, key still doesn't work... I go myself not very happy an get new keys. Go to get ice... No ice in ice machine. Try to call desk... Phone doesn't work. Hot tub broken,no towels at the pool both times we visited, rooms have no microwave or fridge. Will not be returning, ever!

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel at Wichita Falls, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Mommamisty,

Irish V.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay at this hotel when working with the Wichita Falls Symphony. The check in is usually fairly slow, but the folks working are pleasant. Rooms are pretty clean but sometimes seem like they are in transition. The last room I stayed in had a big gap where the micro/fridge should have been.
The weekend buffet is okay, service is very slow, but again, the waitstaff are pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our stay here was fantastic! The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to provide the most excellent and friendly service we've ever received in a hotel. The atmosphere in the restaurant/bar area was relaxing and the food was outstanding. Don't stay anywhere else in Wichita Falls ... this is the absolute BEST hotel you'll find!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel at Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!