“This is a GREAT place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1317 Kenley Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76306 (Formerly Northtown Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
penna
“This is a GREAT place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and myself stayed here for a week. There is not one negative thing I can say about the Comfort Inn, Wichita Falls. First of all, the place is VERY clean, all the workers are polite and will go out of their way to accommodate you in anyway they can. Our room was immaculate and we asked for extra pillows and had them in 5 minutes. The breakfast was excellent.....eggs,ham,sausage,biscuits,gravy,cereal,all kinds of coffees, all kinds of juices, yogurt, all different types of donuts, plain or blueberry pancakes. I'm sure I left some things out I forgot, but you will not go away hungry. One of THE best things, there are the owners, MANI PATEL and his wife TINA!!!!!! They are so kind,courteous,and they make you feel like you'd have been friends for years. I asked them about some good places to eat and they sent us to the BEST places.....not overly priced but very good food. They were always there to ask you if everything was ok, any problems at all. We made us feel like family not just paying customers. They both are very nice, kind, caring people. If you chose to stay here you will NOT regret it. And by the way, I never write reviews but felt compelled to do it. And the price is worth every penny. I will DEFINITELY stay here whenever we are going to Wichita Falls, Texas again, because I know I will get that great service from everyone in the Comfort Inn and the friendship we feel with MANI and Tina, the owners. Thank you again MANI and Tina for such a great vacation and for your special kindness shown to us that the type The Zawatski.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I checked into this hotel during the night audit shift. The GSR working took a copy of my credit card, dispite my requests not to, and stated that "every hotel does this." I have never in my 12 years in the hotel business have I ever seen someone do this, let alone an entire property. I even asked if their system was down, which it wasn't. I am very nervous that this woman insisted on having my cc info in this manner.

The first room I was checked into had a fridge that didn't work, and the floor clearly hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. When I pulled back the sheets, there was blood stain on the pillow, women's hair in the bed, and the sheets looked unchanged. I also saw a clear bed bug infestation. The comforter had several cigarette burns (in a non-smoking room, no less.)

After I was moved to another room at my request I found hair again in the sheets, and the brown blanket was coated in hair. There were candy wrappers behind the night stand, mold on the ceiling, and by that time it was so late I just slept on the towels I brought with me.

The next morning I asked the FD for the copy of my cc back, while the GM Manny Patel stood by. He went to the back office to pull the copy (That was strange. Why was it not with my reg card?) The FD clerk printed AGAIN the folio for me to sign. I explained that I had already signed, and that I didn't need to again. She kept explaining that it was procedure, which doesn't make any sense. When I refused to do so, she slapped her hand down and threw the reciept on the desk and said "whatever." in FRONT of Manny Patel, who did nothing to help me. I was clearly upset, and not at one time did anyone offer to hear me out, fix the problem, apologize or even thank me for staying there. I have taken MANY pictures and I will find the appropriate outlet for them on the internet. I wouldn't reccomend anyone to stay at this terrible property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent the night at this nice motel on our way south to San Antonio., getting a king standard room. The price was reasonable and the facility was great. Our bed was extra comfortable, the room quiet. The room had a sofa which made relaxing easier. Mani, the manager, was friendly,helpful and it was obvious that he knew the job.
We would definitely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ancaster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

No surprises with this Comfort Inn . The room was clean and comfortable with the usual amenities. The desk clerk, Courtney , was very pleasant and helpful . We were just passing through on our way to Arizona but would stop here again .
As an aside, El Chico's Mexican restaurant , just around the corner, was very good .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiowa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

After looking for what I would consider a budget hotel for a last minute weekend stay in Wichita Falls I decided to try the comfort inn. After researching and reading reviews it seemed like a great place. However we ended up leaving within the first 45 minutes. The man at the front desk was mostly friendly but less than professional. This was not a big deal as we arrived late and just wanted to get to the room to relax.

After check in we proceeded to our room and noticed the smell was less then pleasant. The room was pretty dated and not well maintained. The tub was really stained and the room just felt dirty.

Finally I was about to relax and had a seat on the edge of one of the beds and it literally tipped over. The bed was just sitting on some wood. After inspecting it and hoping it could easily be fixed we noticed the mattress and box springs were heavily stained and torn. At this point we went and notified the man at the front desk and requested a refund and went to another hotel. The place didn't seem to be maintained at all. But being the first time staying at a comfort inn maybe my expectations were to high. I will definitely pay a little more next time and stay where I know it's clean and taken care of.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Came in for my sons wedding, Manny and his wife Tina were terrific. The whole staff was kind and generous. The breakfast was delish! The rooms were clean and the beds slept well!! I would definitely recomment this place to all!!!!

- Linda C.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice staff! Got a room upgrade without cost due to my husbands military service. Also, checked the weather for us due to an upcoming snow storm. Room was clean and comfortable. Quiet heating system. Breakfast was good! Plenty of options. I don't normally eat hotel breakfasts but took the opportunity since we weren't in a rush on our way out! I would definitely recommend this place to friends!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!