“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1317 Kenley Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76306 (Formerly Northtown Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Meeker, OK
“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We travel a lot with our kids baseball teams. We have stayed here almost every weekend since Memorial Day. Every visit has been great. One trip we left some personal belongings and when we returned the next weekend and asked the front desk they went and got our stuff. Super nice and helpful. Close to several restaurants. Easy access to / from highway.

Not a fancy hotel but nice, clean, and the customer service is OUTSTANDING! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Box Elder, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I've been traveling to Wichita Falls for the past few weeks to visit my husband at Sheppard AFB. I've stayed at a couple other "value" hotels here and town, when I happened upon this gem. This has been the best under $50 a night hotel I've found here in town. The price is pretty great especially since you get a nice hot breakfast and wireless internet.
My first stay, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. My only expectation was that it be tolerable enough to get a decent night's sleep. The room was nice and cool, plenty of pillows and I was out like a light. Tonight is my second stay and no complaints.
There was no option between average and very good. I think for the price this is above average. It's a good hotel and I've told my husband that it's the one I'll be using for the remainder of his tech school.

• Stayed September 2010
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Although I have given this hotel generally average ratings across the categories, I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel unless cost is the most important factor when considering a place to stay. We stayed at the BW next door on our way through Wichita Falls on a long driving trip. We noticed this one that looked cleaner and more up to date, and decided to stay at it on our way back. We only needed a room to sleep, having arrived late in the evening, and planning to leave first thing in the morning. We got a good rate of $65 for the night for a king bed, so it was good enough. Room is dated, and the main issue with the room is the lack of outlets for all the appliances. There is a coffee maker, a microwave and a refrigerator, all stacked together in the corner. However, they share the outlet with the lamp. So something has to be unplugged to get another item working. Real Pain. The fridge hadn't cooled our beverages when we were ready to leave in the morning. Unfortunately, better rooms in the area were closer to $100, and we didn't figure that to be worth just 8 hours. If I had it to do over again, I would have kept driving.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We booked this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews. This is the first time we have been disappointed with a hotel based on Tripadvisor inputs. We stayed in a first floor room. The hallway looked like it had been renovated not too long ago. The room was dingy. The carpet along the wall had not been vacuumed in a very long time. Huge build-up of dust and dirt. Bathroom was marginally clean. The free breakfast was sad and unappetizing. The staff was not unfriendly but they were indifferent. Certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mannford, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

While traveling from Amarillo to Houston, my family and I broke down near this hotel. While waiting to get the vehicle fixed we were treated by the staff with the utmost respect that you could ask for. By far the best I have ever been treated by a Hotel Staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
mckeli29
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one week at the end of January/beginning of February. We were in transit from NC to be stationed at the Air Force base here in Wichita Falls, TX, and we had made reservations at the Best Western Northtown Inn ahead of time online. We actually drove into Wichita Falls in the middle of a snow and ice storm, and when we got there, we were relieved that the check-in was so quick and easy.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. We have two young children and a dog, and the manager actually picked up some of our baggage and helped us to our room. When we got to our room, the manager realized it didn't have a fridge and, since he knew we would be staying at least a few days, he was very apologetic and immediately helped us into a new room with a microwave and fridge.

The room was very spacious and clean, plenty of room for my family of four, our dog, and all of our stuff. This hotel does allow pets, which is a necessity for my family, but you wouldn't know it from walking in. The hotel looks and smells very clean. It is also quiet and peaceful.

The continental breakfast in the mornings was very good, and had plenty to choose from. We ate there every morning. There are also several restaurants within walking distance. We actually walked to supper through the snow the night we arrived!

Throughout our stay, the entire staff was friendly, personable, and exceptionally helpful. Every attendant behind the desk and the manager himself never failed to speak to us and ask how things were every time they saw us. They were always very quick to bring us anything we needed and even went above and beyond in trying to help us sort out some of the headaches of our move, such as getting forgotten uniforms shipped to us and taking care of necessary personal business and paperwork. When I called the hotel 3 months after our stay to get some information, the staff still remembered who I was! I was very impressed!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Dillon, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting our son at the AFB. The first room given to us was smoke filled, although I had specifically requested non-smoking and my husband had told them of my smoke allergies. I returned to the front desk and the clerk was VERY concerned and apologetic and immediately moved me to another room. That room was fine, clean and didn't smell of smoke.
On our second visit to this hotel, nothing was memorable. I was given a non-smoking room first time but the desk help was a drone - no life or interest in me as a person.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!