“Forever new!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Wichita Falls
Midland, Texas
“Forever new!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel on the edge of town is a well kept secret. The rates are reasonable and the hotel is kept in marvelous shape. I have been staying there a week at a time for the last four years and it seems as if nothing has changed. The staff was courteous and helpful, the breakfast at the upper end of the Holiday Inn Express standard fare, and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for the last night of our roadtrip - needed somewhere vaguely near DFW. We booked on the HIE website - it was rather expensive (the most expensive of any hotel on our entire trip - and we stayed in a lot of other HIE's) - but as it was our last night and the hotel looked good we thought why not and booked a King suite.

On arrival we checked in, went to the room but it was a 2 queen suite room (this was cheaper than the one we booked) - we went back to reception and they said they didn't actually have any king suites at the motel so the HIE website was wrong to offer the room in the first place!

The receptionist was very apologetic and then got us a king room in the corner of the third floor so it was very spacious and nice and quiet. It was a large room with plenty of room for us to get everything packed ready for our flight home. The room was very clean and the bathroom too. The aircon was one where you could adjust the wall thermostat so it could go on an off. The shower was good too and the towels were above average in size and fluffiness! The pillows were very tired - even the firm one was very soft and lumpy. The bed was on the soft side too but comfy.

Didn't have time to use the pool but it looked very nice. Had a lie in instead of breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. I am very happy that the front desk agent was able to resolve your room situation to your satisfaction. We are in the process of refreshing all of our pillows in the hotel, and hope that you will discover this on your next visit to Wichita Falls.
Safe Travels!

Kathie Forehand
Director of Sales
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice, clean, good location! We travel on motorcycles and the staff understood our needs for rooms on the first floor looking out onto the parking lot. Plenty of restaruants choices. Will stay again if traveling in area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your great feedback - we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and are pleased that our front desk staff was responsive to your needs. We look forward to seeing you again if in Wichita Falls.
Talkeetna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My son in law and I checked in to the Holiday inn on Wednesday evening 10th April after a very cold day in Wichita Falls.
Reception was very friendly and we were placed on the 4th floor of the hotel in a very nice room. Unfortunately the pool was closed but we were offered the facility of the YMCA.
This was a far better hotel than we had the previous evening at the so called Grand hotel in Wichita Falls. The only downside was there was no restaurant within walking distance. Breakfast was good overlooking the outdoor pool and lake.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool and lake would be the best at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback about our award winning hotel. We are happy you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed your stay. You will be glad to know that our pool is now open! We hope to see you again in Wichita Falls.

Kathie Forehand
Director of Sales
LUBBOCK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a frequent traveler to the area this is one of two places I like to stay.Hotel overall is clean I agree with other guests that the pillows on bed need to thrown away & replaced.Towels in room varied from nice & soft to thin & rough.Breakfast is not any better or worse than it has been pancake machine is back.Can't expect too since it is free.Shampoo,lotion,etc never replaced after first day.One other thing that happened during stay late @ night got a call from someone saying they were from front desk.Said they had lost several reservations & needed my name credit card number etc.I told him I didn't feel comfortable providing it over the phone I would go to front desk.When I went to front desk clerk knew nothing about this.Seems to me it's someone who works there or worked there is making these calls to scam money from credit card.But over all it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here due to a 100% recommendation on Hotwire. The price deal was good but then I was disappointed.

The property was neat and tidy. And in general, I was very pleased with the room even though it was much smaller than the Holiday Inn Express I stayed in the week before in Lawton OK. Unfortunately, when I went to shower, the maid had left dirty towels folded into the shower curtain. Yuck! I looked for a comment card to leave with the front desk to notify housekeeping but they didn't have any. I also pointed out to the desk that the pillows labeled as "soft" were nasty feeling. They were like lumps of old cotton wool that had clumped into little balls. There was nothing soft or nice about these pillows.

Breakfast was another disappointment. The eggs were hard on the edges, The worst part was going to the juice machine. The cranberry juice came out looking like blood. When I tasted it, I nearly gagged. After awhile, the attendant came out and I told her about the machine. She said that the juice wasn't mixing correctly. I suggested a small out of order sign and she ignored the suggestion. Another hotel client heard my comment and came over and told me that he'd been staying there for nearly a week and it had been broken all week long.

The dining room was very pretty and I liked the layout. The hotel pool was just outside the window as was a small lake. It was a pleasant morning scene.

In hope that the maids will be more careful in their cleaning, that pillows will be replaced, and maintenance will fix the juice machine, then I'd be happy to give them a 100%. For now, I rate them about 85%.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressMgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Linda M,

Please accept my sincerest apologies about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and my gratitude for your kind comments about our property. I am pleased to announce that Holiday Inn Express has a new pillow brand standard and as soon as they are available we will begin putting them into rooms. The Cranberry Juice problem has been solved and the machine is now providing great tasting juice. I would appreciate it if you would contact me with your room number and date of stay so I will be able to work with the housekeeper personally to ensure they understand the importance of double checking their work so that things are not left behind. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of each guest and comment cards are always available at the front desk to let us know when we achieve our goal and when we fall short. I sincerely thank you for bringing these items to our attention, I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you'll give us another chance so we can show you why we are an award winning hotel and earn a 100% rating.

Jennifer
HiExpress@HospitalityFirst.com
940.692.8300
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent hotel that I've stayed in whilst over in the Falls. Would recommend it as the best place for business travel. Rooms are quiet and the staff friendly and helpful. Its also very easy to find which as a business traveller is a big plus - I hate driving around lost.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are so pleased that our location is easy to find and convenient for you. We look forward to seeing you again in Wichita Falls.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!