Our family spent the summer driving across the U.S. During our trip we stayed in many hotels. Out of all the hotel this one was by far the worst. We were driving all night from Florida when we reached Texas and decided we need to finally get some rest. We booked online and checked in and everything seemed to be okay at first. Within an hour of being our room I received a call that we were making too much noise. We weren't doing ANYTHING and the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty so I know it wasn't a complaint from another quest. It turns out that they booked us in the room right above the were the clerk sits and she didn't like the sound of my 2 year old moving around. He wasn't running, jumping or yelling he was just being 2. A very typical 2 year old. I apologized for his noise and explained that he needs to be able to move around in has been strapped in a car seat for many hours. Can we please change rooms? She said no we have been in the room now so its ours. I said ok and I'm sorry I'll do my best to keep him on the bed. 15minutes later the same women called she (Jennifer Tansey Briley) she was EXTREMELY rude this time and said I need to deal with my son. I apologized again for HER inconvenience and asked again for a room down stairs so she wouldn't have to hear my son walking around. On the third call I was starting to get mad. I thought this is your job. Get over it. The kids wants to be able walk around the room we paid for. I don't remember this hotel being advertised as a toddler free zone. If it was such a big deal to this women she should of put us in a bottom floor room or been willing to move us once I offered to move twice. It was around 3 in the afternoon on August 15th and NOBODY was at this hotel. We weren't bothering anybody but her. Once the third call was over I tried just holding him down on the bed but that only lasted so long until he got upset and started crying. I wasn't going to make my son so upset just to please this women. So I went down stairs and asked to speak to the manager. The receptionist said she has just left and that she was the one who called our room 3 times. The receptionist apologized for her manager and happily changed our room to the bottom floor. From my experience I can only surmise that this is NOT a family friendly hotel. We have no desire to stay in this establishment again and will probably be avoiding the Holiday Inn chain entirely which is a shame since we travel across the country twice a year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Major Businesses and Attractions Surround Award Winning Wichita Falls Hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Wichita Falls, Texas, is conveniently located minutes from popular Wichita Falls attractions and businesses. Are you traveling to our Wichita Falls hotel for leisure? Our location offers easy access to The Plex, a family fun center with games and rides, and outdoor attractions like Lake Wichita Park, Lucy Park and Cast Away Cove Waterpark. Sports enthusiasts enjoy our convenient location to Memorial Stadium, MSU, Sunrise Optimist Softball Complex, Hoskins Baseball Field, and the city's Sports Complex. If you're in the mood to shop, visit Sikes Senter Mall or Parker Square Shopping Center just three miles from our Wichita Falls hotel. You'll also find a variety of live entertainment at Memorial Auditorium and Red River Casino. Wichita Falls, TX, is a growing city and home to major regional manufacturers and retail centers. Lodging at our Wichita Falls hotel puts you close to several large businesses, including OSTC, Texoma Cancer Center, Kell West Hospital, and many others. If you need to hold a meeting during your stay, the Wellington Banquet and Conference Center has over 6000 square feet of meeting space and is right next door. Our business center is conveniently located in the lobby of the hotel and is available 24 hours a day. Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, our Wichita Falls award winning hotel will meet your needs. You can expect a good night's rest in our cozy triple-sheeted beds and then start each day with our signature cinnamon roll from our complimentary hot breakfast bar. The fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool help you relax during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Falls Hotel Wichita Falls
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Wichita Falls
- Wichita Falls Holiday Inn