“RUDE Manager” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Yuba City, California, United States
“RUDE Manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our family spent the summer driving across the U.S. During our trip we stayed in many hotels. Out of all the hotel this one was by far the worst. We were driving all night from Florida when we reached Texas and decided we need to finally get some rest. We booked online and checked in and everything seemed to be okay at first. Within an hour of being our room I received a call that we were making too much noise. We weren't doing ANYTHING and the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty so I know it wasn't a complaint from another quest. It turns out that they booked us in the room right above the were the clerk sits and she didn't like the sound of my 2 year old moving around. He wasn't running, jumping or yelling he was just being 2. A very typical 2 year old. I apologized for his noise and explained that he needs to be able to move around in has been strapped in a car seat for many hours. Can we please change rooms? She said no we have been in the room now so its ours. I said ok and I'm sorry I'll do my best to keep him on the bed. 15minutes later the same women called she (Jennifer Tansey Briley) she was EXTREMELY rude this time and said I need to deal with my son. I apologized again for HER inconvenience and asked again for a room down stairs so she wouldn't have to hear my son walking around. On the third call I was starting to get mad. I thought this is your job. Get over it. The kids wants to be able walk around the room we paid for. I don't remember this hotel being advertised as a toddler free zone. If it was such a big deal to this women she should of put us in a bottom floor room or been willing to move us once I offered to move twice. It was around 3 in the afternoon on August 15th and NOBODY was at this hotel. We weren't bothering anybody but her. Once the third call was over I tried just holding him down on the bed but that only lasted so long until he got upset and started crying. I wasn't going to make my son so upset just to please this women. So I went down stairs and asked to speak to the manager. The receptionist said she has just left and that she was the one who called our room 3 times. The receptionist apologized for her manager and happily changed our room to the bottom floor. From my experience I can only surmise that this is NOT a family friendly hotel. We have no desire to stay in this establishment again and will probably be avoiding the Holiday Inn chain entirely which is a shame since we travel across the country twice a year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressMgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Sheena N,

I am sorry that you experienced me and our hotel as unfriendly towards your family. We certainly strive to have 100% guest satisfaction for all of our guests and their families and I'm sincerely sorry that your experience with us didn't meet those standards. I'm glad that the front desk agents were able to help and I'd really appreicate the opportunity to speak with you personally and see if I can make this any better for your family. I've attempted to reach you with the information on the reservation but the number for the travel site you used to make the reservation. Our hotel number is 940.692.8300 or my e-mail is JBriley@HospitalityFirst.com.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer Tansey Briley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was incredibly clean and well maintained to the point that it seemed like it was a brand new facility. The staff were very courteous and helpful. My stay was very comfortable and quiet. The only thing I regretted was that I had to leave the next day. I'm looking forward to staying there again next week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in Wichita Falls en-route to Vegas... All of the staff here were wonderful, friendly and helpful... The rooms were very clean, neat and tidy. The beds were warm and comfy (we were there in November....). Breakfast was delicious, and there was a LOVELY lady that worked in this area. She was soooo sweet... Unfortunately there is not too much to do in Wichita Falls though every where we went the people were friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Taylor, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was very easy to find, within walking distance to an assortment of eating establishments for our dinner, had the most-COMFORTABLE bed and bedding(!!!) and served a nice contintental breakfast the following morning. It was our first experience seeing a machine that you merely push 1 button and within 1 minute, you have 2 just-made pancakes flip out on your plate (it sure beats the machines that other hotels offer that make 1 waffle). Front desk employees were also very nice to deal with.

Room Tip: We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Carlos & O'Kelly's down the road a bit.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast, especially the pancake machine and got to relax and enjoy our great room amenities such as the bedding. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Wichita Falls.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita Falls in late August 2012 while attending the Hotter Than Hell 100 bike ride. All the hotels in the area are totally overpriced for this weekend event, yet most are sold out. I do think that is a ripoff. However, this is a new hotel and was really nice. It was conveniently located to shopping but was a distance from the bike ride. We will go back this year however!!!! The hotel was nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

After the night (august 13-August 14, 2012) my family spent in your hotel, we went down stair to have our breakfast. My wife and I notice an employee acting as a caring mother; she was adding food and Cleaning with passion.
She even spent time cleaning spots on the carpet. The amazing part was her customer service skills; She was caring, and was doing whatever was possible to satisfy us (all customers present in the breakfast room).
I do not easily compliment an employee except in some rare cases like Shellie's case. She is just exceptional.
I just wanted to remind you that you have an employee with exceptional skills and demeanor.
Thank You Shellie. Go ahead!
Patrice N.

Room Tip: hotel wall far from the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Patrice,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to deliver your message to Shellie and watch her face light up. Shellie raises the bar and does an exceptional job at caring for our guests and our property. We are thankful to have her and guests like you. We hope to see you next time your travel plans bring you to Wichita Falls.

Jennifer
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My son and I stayed at this great hotel the week of Aug.2, 2012 My daughter got married at the Wellington Center, so we just had to walk next door.The room was excellent and the breakfast was very hardy with eggs, sausage, muffins, and many more choices, The staff were very courteous. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. Thanks, Emilie Wise Psalm 91.

Emilie,

Thank you so much for the recommendation. We are delighted that you chose our hotel and meeting space for your daughters big day! Our staff was buzzing about the great wedding and reception and it sounds like fun was had by all. Thank you again for your kind words about our staff, breakfast and property. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Jennifer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!