“Cannot beat the reasonably priced meals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McBride Land & Cattle Co.

McBride Land & Cattle Co.
501 Scott Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76301-2503
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Anaheim Hills, California
“Cannot beat the reasonably priced meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

A local recommended this restaurant and he was not off target at all. Parking lot was full and that is always a good indication. Decor is very nice like an old rustic Texas lodge.. Server was very attentive. Steaks cooked to your specification. Portions are very good and the prices better yet. Would stop here again any day. Another reviewer mentioned music, no music was playing while we dined, they must have taken the suggestion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wichita Falls
“A landmark place to eat, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've eaten here 3 times and had to send my steak back each time - one cooked medium was sitting in a pool of blood on the plate. The mesquite chicken is very good.The servers generally seem overwhelmed. It's a favorite place for people to go here in town for events, but there are better steaks at better prices at other restaurants.

Visited July 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not up to usual standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We've been long time patrons of McBride's going back 35 plus years. Our last trip to Wichita Falls was for a family gathering and we chose to eat at McBride's on a Friday evening. The group was about 11 people and we arrived just after it opened. Probably the worst steak I've ever gotten their in all our times to eat their. Ordered medium well, it was very medium and the cut was no the usual quality I've gotten their in the past. Service was marginal. Hope things go back to the old familiar ways.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“A great evening in a restaurant not in the best part of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My son in law and I arrived at the venue just after 6pm on Tuesday evening 9th April. We were greeted by a very attractive lady whom we presumed was the proprietor or manager who found our accents quite amusing. We were seated and found the service both prompt and friendly. I ordered the Shrimp cocktail and the Fillet Mignon 10ozs, my son in law ordered the Frogs Legs and the Cowboy Rib Eye. All washed down with Tequila with Grenadine for me and Coors Light by my son in law. My 6 Shrimps were adequate but not the biggest I had enjoyed but again I am a great fan of the Tomato Horseradish dip that comes with it. The Fillet came with sauteed onions and I also had a Caesar salad and their own creation Garlic toast, they do not serve rolls or bread and butter just biscuits. My Fillet was wrapped in bacon and was prepared medium which was first class, tender and much bigger than Fillets in the UK. My son in law said the deep fried frogs legs were okay but the taste was overpowered by the frying process. His Cowboy steak prepared again medium was a little more rare than he liked but all in all very good. The Tequila was good but the grenadine added was not as it should be produced from pomegranates it was a cheap corn syrup recipe. That was really the only down side.
We were told upon exit by the very attractive lady proprietor that we were not in the best part of Wichita Falls and be careful on our return to our hotel. Not sure if it was this or the great drop in temperature before the storm that made our journey back on foot a lot quicker than our stroll to the facility earlier.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ANTIOCH
“Great Steak but ambience needs help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our filets were very good, cooked medium rare as we ordered them. The bacon wrapping was very salty but that can be removed. The lettuce was crisp in the salad and the baked potato was cooked adequately. The toppings were served at the table and are moved from table to table. It would be much better if the toppings were served by the waitress who would remove them from the table and one doesn't have to wonder if the toppings are contaminated. The restaurant lighting is quite dim, making it difficult to read the menu. The music was a country/western radio station complete with commercials. Although the music wasn't loud, the commercials were annoying. The prices were very reasonable and seniors can order smaller portions from the luncheon menu at dinnertime. We would eat here again when we are in the area.

• Visited March 2013