“Great food, great for sports - but crowded!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 193 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great food, great for sports - but crowded!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was one of the first restaurants we ate at in WF, and loved it. We mostly get the hamburgers (which are great), but we have done the sandwiches and cheese sticks (also great). It's a great place to go to watch the games (foodwise, it's definitely better than BW3). It gets very crowded evenings and weekends (especially on Sunday), so expect a bit of a wait or at least some delayed service. The service is average, but we've never had poor service. Most of the time, we call ahead and get our food to-go.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Weatherford, Oklahoma
“Sports Fans' Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a great place to eat, have a drink and watch the game. There are close to 30 TV screens in the place, so not a bad seat in the house. The staff is friendly and it's a local hot spot.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Best Cheese Sticks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Parkway is a staple for MSU students. My husband and I always have to go whenever we are in town. Our favorite is the triple play appetizer--big enough to share as a meal. I always get it with mozzarella sticks, nachos, and potato skins (usually with beef). For those sensitive to smoke, I recommend sitting in the back room at the original location. The new location has a separate room for the bar, so no worries about smoke floating over to your table. Service at times can be a little sketchy, but the cheese sticks are SO worth it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“The ONLY place to get fried cheese!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Anytime I am in Wichita Falls (3-4 times a year) I ALWAYS go to Parkway for the friend cheese. You won't find anything like it anywhere else in the world. And believe me I've tried.
The rest of the food is very average, but it's a great place to go to drink a pitcher and watch some sports.
And I love getting the tootsie pops at the end of the meal. Such fun!
They have recently added a new location out by the air force base, but I have only been to the one on Southwest Parkway.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“A favorite local sports bar w/ good burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I would say Parkway Grll is one of the places you need to go to when you visit Wichita Falls! It has a good sports bar atmosphere with lots of TVs, and has that local homey feel to it. They're burgers are good, and the mozzerella cheesesticks are huge and delicious! I ordered their chicken fried steak once too, and it was a HUGE portion with salad AND 2 sides! What a deal! They have happy hour where they serve 50 cent wings & taco's, and drink specials is like $2.75 wells. Definitely give it a try if you get a chance!

Visited April 2012