“Lovely dinner experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Lovely dinner experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We usually go to the downtown McBrides, but it was closed so we took our visitors to the Maplewood location. We sat at a large round table that was perfect for storytelling. Prices here seem higher but the menu is larger...Everybody was well pleased with their meals. I like the loaves of bread instead of Texas toast, but missed the way downtown serves baked potatoes...you load your own on Scott St. I think we will visit this location again and ask for a round table! Great server, delicious steaks and chops, reasonable prices if you don't order a two pound steak!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Best Service and Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I had dinner at the Steakhouse last night and the service was GREAT!! Angela kept us laughing the entire time! Steak was good too, I ordered Kelly's mushrooms and miss the way they were!! But great place I send people there ALL the time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Can I rate it just half a "star?" Yeah, it was that bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Don't believe those five star reviews written by staff and family members. This place is terrible. Soup served cold. Steak so tough I couldn't cut it - much less chew it. Complained about it to the wait staff. Too bad. Here's your bill. Sooo, $27 for a small baked potato. That was the only thing edible on the plate. Seriously, this place is just awful. Avoid it like the plague.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clovis, NM
“Average Food, not a great value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Always heard that this place was amazing, was disappointed with the quality of my food. I believe they cook their steaks over mesquite, which sounds great. The only problem is that the mesquite overwhelms the steak, and I could taste almost nothing but mesquite smoke, my steak was also overlooked. I'll save some money next time And go to Texas Roadhouse.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Darn good prime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Came here to decide what difference there was between McBribes and the pelican , both have prime rib night. After much munching, I prefer mcBrides.

Their cut of prime seemed to be a little less fatty and held good flavor. The salad and potToes were both equal. I would return to either both I am giving McBrides the edge.