“Great Sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 193 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Great Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

One of the best French Dips around. The kickin chicken is fantastic as are their burgers. Overall outstanding!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hempstead, Texas
“A Montecristo Sandwich Worth Traveling For”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I live 400 miles from WF but travel through a few times a year. Deli Planet is the ONLY place in the city I stop at (other than for gas) and my wife and I try to plan our trips so we are there for lunch or dinner. Everything I have eaten there has been good and I wish that some of their specials were on the menu, but what we keep coming back to is the Montecristo Sandwich. Aside from good quality ingredients, the marinated onions MAKE this sandwich. If I could get the recipe, I would save a LOT of gas.

Lets put it this way. I am a FIEND for German and Chinese restaurants as well as for small, out-of-the-way places. Opa's Schnitzel Haus is just next door, and has been highly recommended Online, and without becoming Opa Wang's Schnitzel Haus could not push any more of my buttons. In ten years, I have, on each visit, looked hungrily at Opa's and chosen Deli Planet. Oh, and we always get a couple of foot-long Montecristos to take home as well.

• Visited May 2012