“Good burger. Horrible fries.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 183 restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Fast Food
Texas
“Good burger. Horrible fries.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been a few times. I build my own burger and have it down to a very good burger that I truly do enjoy, but I have to say that at this price point, I expected MUCH better from the fries. They are horrible. They're so dry that you can't get salt to stick to them and they have no flavor at all. I've tried the Smash fries as well, but that didn't help them at all. When I go, I get the haystack onions for a side. They're good, way better than the fries, but I've still had better.

Employees have always been friendly and accommodating on my visits, but the miserable fries really do keep me from visiting here more often. At this price, there are better burger and fry options in the immediate area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

36% Recommend
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had several new eateries open and decided to wait until things settled down a bit so we could really enjoy our lunch. The person taking our order explained different options on the menu after starting with "is this your first time?" Our food arrived within a very acceptable time and was very flavorful. Our only regret was not saving room for a shake (will try on our next visit).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Burger, So So Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This location opened up recently and I am hoping they will improve their service with some experience. The place is new and clean and the food is excellent, though a little pricey for a burger place. My wife had the southwest Burger, which I sampled, and I ordered the Smash Chicken with goat cheese and avacado. Both were excellent. My wife's side salad though was quite small and somewhat wilted.

Most of the staff need a pep talk. One gal was running her tail off delivering food, she was the exception. The gentleman at the register seemed totally uninterested and sloppily dressed. A couple other servers seemed lackluster given how busy they were.

We'll likely try them again, simply because the main elements, the sandwiches, were excellent. But if the help doesn't pick it up it may be the last visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia, United States
“Not your average hamburger place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were traveling late at night and stopped here to try something different---and we loved it! The food was fresh and delicious. Not just the same-old type of food that is usually at a hamburger place, though the hamburgers were good. I had the grilled chicken avocado sandwich and I recommend that!

Visited February 2013
Wichita Falls, Texas, USA
“Smash Burger? More like Trash Burger.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to Smash Burger and boy can I tell you, worst burger I've ever eaten. Maybe it was just the cook who was in, but it was terrible.
First the wait was just silly, and the lady taking our order just couldn't seem to get it right no matter how many times we told her what we wanted.
I had extremely high expectations, and was excited to try this place. When the burger came out, it was tasteless and greasy, it really needed A LOT of seasoning. We then got the rosemary fries, I was extremely disappointed. To top it off, I got their Haagen Dazs milkshake. I figured, atleast this has to be good? Right? Wrong. It didn't even taste like Haagen Daz's icecream. It tasted like someone took Nestle hot-cocoa powder and blended it with cheap bulk ice cream. Also everything was way over-priced for very bad quality. Besides the cashier, the staff were "Okay", except for them deciding to clean under my table when I was still eating...

Over all horrible and I DO NOT recommend it.

• Visited November 2012