“Good Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Wichita Falls

You added Howard Johnson Wichita Falls to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Wichita Falls
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3209 Hwy 287, US Hwy 287 & Beverly Dr Exit, Wichita Falls, TX 76305 (Formerly Ramada Limited Wichita Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Wichita Falls
MURFREESBORO
“Good Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We got very good service upon checking in, even though it was late at night and we had no reservation. Room was clean, and bed was comfortable. We had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
SOUTHLAKE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The rooms were improperly quoted as to price and non-smoking classification. The rooms were SO stinky of old smoke, my family could hardly sleep there. Additionally, the shower curtain was falling off the wall, the air conditioner was malfunctioning (we stayed in Texas...it is HOT here), and the towels were stained a disgusting yellow color.

Also, the Wyndham operator quoted us a price of $46.XX without tax as a total price, which I confirmed verbally when I made the reservation, with stating, "that is the price for both rooms," ...she said yes. Upon arrival, the receptionist informed us they were "out of special rate rooms for the night", and were were charged a higher price.

I am VERY unhappy with my stay, and as a million + point owner with Wyndham, I am VERY unhappy with my first experience using my Wyndham for hotel reservations.

The people I delt with at the front desk were VERY nice. A positive to an otherwise CRAPPY stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had the misfortune to schedule a trip to Wichita Falls to visit a relative in the Air Force the same weekend as the Hotter'n Hell bicycle race. As a consequence, there were only two hotels with vacancy. I can see why this one was one of them.

First of all, it was overpriced. I understand that the race gives the city of Wichita Falls an economic boom, but I paid $190 for a single king bed room the first night, and to make it worse, it was a smoking room! The billboard ad on the highway advertises this hotel at a rate of $45.99 so a 400% markup!

I would have accepted this as the price of last-minute travel had it not been for the dreadful conditions. Leaving aside the smoking room, which I know some people prefer, the place was still pretty skeevy. I found a big clot of hair right on the tub. The toilet didn't work. And the remote for the TV was made into the bed UNDER the fitted sheet (can't figure out how that happened).

The sheets and towels were probably white at one time but not anymore. The only positive was the shower was hot and there was plenty of water pressure.

I had booked a non-smoking room for the second night and when I made the switch I was at first encouraged. It was a small suite with a sitting room and sofa bed and a queen bed. TV in both rooms, but only a remote for one TV. The other was possibly in the sofa cushions but I wasn't going to stick my hand in there to find out.

The water pressure in the sink was terrible, just a small spritz. I just washed my hands in the tub.

We decided to take a dip in the pool. Silly me! It was gross, lots of brown dirt just sitting in the bottom, and other debris floating on top.

I'm not a snob; I don't mind modest accommodations, and this isn't the worst place I've ever stayed. But I expect to pay a modest rate for modest accommodations and I really feel this place was a rip-off.

Ok, I feel compelled to state a couple positives. There was free wifi in the rooms. Not fast enough for streaming video or gaming but plenty fast enough for surfing the web. The manager was friendly (even after I complained about the price) and helped me get my boarding passes printed. Likewise the maintenance guy was friendly and courteous. If you can get a room at a good rate it's not too bad but it's totally not worth the high price I was charged.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel if you can. If this is your last resort, try to get the first floor, unle...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked a King - non smoking room In the back. down stairs. We got a Queen in front down stairs. This is the 4th or 5th time to stay at this hotel. We will not stay there any more.
The hotel is in bad need of updating. the door would not lock properly and the bathtub facet leaked badly.
They did offer an upstairs room, for health resons I requested a downstairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I just got home from a trip a weekend trip to Wichita Falls. Our hotel stay was not very pleasant. First of all, I booked one room online (Priceline) for two nights and after a change in plans called to add another room. The gentleman I spoke to assured me that we would have two rooms close together and that both would be downstairs. One room was for my mother in law who is older and doesn't do stairs, and the other was for my husband and I and our one year old who we didn't want to have to cart up and down stairs. I explained this to him, and he assured me no problem. Upon arrival, the clerk at the desk (a lady) told me that the rooms we reserved were up stairs and on opposite sides of the hotel. She claimed she was unable to change things as the hotel was "booked solid" due to a dog show (first wknd in March 2012). it took my mother in law getting pretty upset before she was able to move us down stairs and even then we were 8 doors apart. The other thing that really turned me off was the lack of cleanliness in the hotel. My one year old is just starting to walk but still crawls a lot. Within 30 minutes of us being in the room, my sons hands, knees and tops of his socks (from crawling) were so black, I was grossed out. I had to constantly keep cleaning his hands as he is a thumb sucker as well. Also, when I moved one of the beds out to find a plug, I noticed all along the carpet by the base boards, there was a thick line of dirt and pet hair. Our remote did not work either and my mother in law had a leaking toilet. It is apparent the rooms are not thoroughly cleaned even on a simi regular basis. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here summer 2010, while my husband was in Tech School for the Air Force. The King room I had was huge! The bed was very comfortable.
About 5 minute drive to Sheppard, which was the reason for me being there.
Staff was very helpful, and the breakfast included the waffle machines with a Texas shaped waffle.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that faces south, there's an empty lot (old golf course) there and it's a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Livonia, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I got this hotel online and it was fairly comfortable. I wanted a room in the back, which was quieter, but it was $15 higher. A king was more expensive than a two-bed. Strange. So the room I had was facing the interstate and I could hear every truck that passed by. The internet was horrendous and was as slow as dialup when it worked. The room was good and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!