“Lots of potential.....but,” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls

Save Saved
You added Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls to your Saves list
Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1917 Elmwood Ave N, Wichita Falls, TX 76308 (Formerly Lexington Suites of Wichita Falls)   |
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Wichita Falls
Clear Lake City, Texas
“Lots of potential.....but,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Just needed a place for one night and this place was certainly adequate. But the room was hot ... Toilet wasn't clean .... Fold out couch was broken ... And needed some clean towels. The one person working the desk was very nice and attentive but it appears that whomever is managing this place doesn't really care. On the plus side - room was very large and slept our family of five without feeling cramped. And the price was right.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Joe C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.
We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.
I addressed the cleanliness of the toilet to the Housekeeping staff to avoid this from happening again and repaired the broken fold out couch in your room,.
I am sorry to hear that the room wasn't cool enough for you, some of our A/C Units in the guestrooms need a little time to cool our large rooms down.
We constantly service and replace our Units and some rooms do have units sometimes have trouble cooling rooms down due to the Texas heat we are experiencing.
We take great pride in providing excellent service at affordable prices and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am looking forward to your next stay with us.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spring Church
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Abilene and found it to be a very clean and quiet hotel. Plenty of
towels and pillows, very comfy beds. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely
stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathryn R,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.
I always appreciate the feedback from our guests and have shared your review with the staff. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is a total dump! Staff is nice but the quality of the room is not worth the $60. If i would've known this hotel was so ugly and dingy I would've never paid that amount. This room is more like a $30 a night hotel. Towels are filthy and dingy as are the sheets. carpet is stained and dirty and the hallways reek of extermination chemicals. I would've gladly paid $25 more and stayed at the Hampton. I would'nt recommend this place to anyone. My recommendation is Go down the street and pay a little more cus this place is gross!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pedro L,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize about your unpleasant stay with us.
We are constantly working on improvements and upgrades on our Hotel.
We are working on getting the hallway carpeting replaced and have also replaced the old towels with new high quality thread count towels.
The extermination smell you noticed was more than likely from the deep cleaning and spot treatment we perform to clean our carpets and must have not evaporated completely by the time you checked in and I do apologize about that .
Pedro L, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with me and for the higher rating you gave us on the location and service provided to you.
I sincerely hope you consider giving us another chance in the future.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

While lexington suites,is a viola hotel, this property lacks any sparkle. It has bland appeal and nothing stands out. A couple of the front desk staff are nice enough but the housekeeping staff can use more care in cleaning the rooms. It was however very cost effective as they gave me a good rate. The nightly managers "social" is not worth the trip out of the room. The food is nothing to speak of an there are never any managers there on the few times I have gone or gone by at the hour.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Perfpump,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to inform us about your stay.
With regret I read that you did not enjoy our complimentary evening social, Please let me apologize about the absence of Management not being there, I personally must have been out of the office during your stay with us.
I am happy to read your comments about the friendliness of the Front Desk Staff and have hired a new Housekeeping Staff since your stay.
Please consider giving us another chance on your next visit to Wichita Falls, Texas.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked this room through Expedia. The pictures looked nice but in actuality, a complete dump. We arrived very late around 1 AM (we called previously to let them know). Upon arrival we were told that we were in the "other" building. We walked over with our entire luggage in tow to find the security lock on the door to the building was broken. As we entered towards the elevator we noticed it was reminiscent of a beat up frat house. Outside our room door the carpet was torn and tattered, however we were exhausted and continued inside our room. OMG! The beds were not completely made, the lamp shades were stained (only one worked) the smoke alarm was literally hanging from the wires on the ceiling and it was filthy, dark and disgusting. The furniture was old and had dents and scratch-marks all over. The paint on the door and frame in the dirty bathroom was cracked and peeling. I called the front desk and spoke with Sam who apologized and immediately came over to take us to another room. Unfortunately this room did not fare much better, although the smoke alarm appeared to be intact. Absolutely unacceptable! Sam was wonderful and extremely apologetic. The owner should have spent the money he used on the auctioned fire hydrant in the lobby to improve his property instead. We did not stay an were refunded. I have to say that Sam was the only good thing about this hotel. He was professional, courteous and handled our complaints with poise and grace. Sam you should work for places that you can be proud of, you are way too good to be where you are!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marniyl17,

Thank you for your time to share your feedback with me regarding your stay at the Lexington Suites.
I would like to apologize about the unpleasant stay you experienced at our property.
We take great pride in providing quality rooms and service and it appears that we have dropped the ball on your room. The staff of the Lexington Suites strives each day to make each guest stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
There is certainly never an excuse on why you were checked into a room that was not up to our high standards , especially since we perform daily room checks prior to our guests arrival, and I have addressed this to our Housekeeping Staff.
I am very happy to read that Sam provided you with excellent service and ensured that you got moved into a different room.
We are looking forward to your next visit to Wichita Falls and hope you consider us again so that we may prove our high standards of Hospitality and Service.

Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place could definitely stand to have a vacuum run over it. However, it is what it is; a cheap stop on the road to get some sleep. Got the room through Expedia for cheap and it served it's purpose. No complaints but definitely nothing to rave about. If you can get a room for less than $60 here, then I say go for it.

Room Tip: I also recommend top floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Heike M, General Manager at Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Tatuicu,

I appreciate you letting me know about your experience while you stayed with us.
I addressed the cleanliness issue to the staff and we have since undergone Management changes in the Housekeeping Department.
We have high standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our hotel and I do apologize that we did not provide you with that.
I sincerely hope that you consider giving us another chance in serving your lodging needs on your next visit.

Heike M.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked through a third party website that did not tell the name of the property until it was purchased but this was considered a 2.5 star hotel with ratings of 8-8.5 out of 10 by guests that stayed there. Boy was I disappointed. My sister and I had booked a 2 queen bed suite for 2 nights for our parents' anniversary. Once arriving at the room, we found a large torn/worn piece of carpet by the door to the room on the room side, a dirty, rust-stained(although at first we thought it was something else) tub, a dirty shower head that had hard water/lime deposits caked on it, paint peeling off the bathroom door as well as clear dirt on the back of the bathroom door below the knob, no washcloths, no cups for drinks, and to top it off, the security latch that prevents someone from coming in that has a key was missing the knob to which the handle connects. After taking pictures, we went downstairs and requested another room, to which we were told there were no other 2 bed rooms available. The front desk clerk said housekeeping was gone but offered to clean the dirty areas in the room. We left for 2 hours and came back and nothing had been cleaned. I voiced my concerns to the clerk the morning we checked out and all she said was she was sorry about that. The carpets were also worn throughout the halls on the floor we stayed on, which was the 3rd floor. I don't know if this property is in the middle of a renovation, but it sorely needs it, along with staff that can actually provide customer service. I highly discourage anyone from staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear kolonialone,

On behalf of the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, TX, I am very apologetic for your adverse experience in staying with us recently, contrary to the favorable feedback attested by our many loyal guests. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure we provide the best possible service and value.
Our property is undergoing renovations and certain rooms are blocked and out of service as others get completed. We regret there may have been an error in marking your room as available for service when it should have been in the blocked rooms.
We value you as a loyal guest and your feedback is important to us. We have taken steps to ensure that this will not happen in the future. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Hotel Manager

Been to Mainstay Suites of Wichita Falls? Share your experiences!