We booked the "Family suite" for two nights. They only had it available for the second night. So we got two adjoining rooms. When my wife walked one of the rooms it was covered in Rose petals and wine bottles were strewn across the room. So we were given two more rooms, that were side by side not adjoining.
The rooms had a musty odor to them, the carpets were stained. The bathroom was disgusting, the ceiling tiles were warped and covered in mold. The sheets were dirty and had cigarette burns in them. The iron stained my shirt when I used it. While the kids were swimming they were told to get out of the pool so they could add more chemicals. (Why couldn't they have done it Friday not on Saturday when everyone wants to enjoy the pool.)
We were there for a wedding and the ballroom was so hot people left early. The ceiling had alot of water stains. And there were several tiles missing.
The staff was very courteous and helpful. Ownership needs to step up.
The outside looked like it had been sitting vacant for months.
Over all I will never stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Wichita Falls Hotel
- Howard Johnson Plaza Wichita Falls Hotel Wichita Falls
- Howard Johnson Wichita Falls
- Wichita Falls Howard Johnson
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The New Grand Hotel of Wichita Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.