“Great Family Vacation Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Arrowhead Resort
106 Arrowhead Road, Whitney, TX 76692   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Whitney
Euless
“Great Family Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want a place to start making your family memories and traditions, this is the place. This rustic resort on the banks of Lake Whitney is a great family destitution. Our family found this diamond in the rough over 6 years ago and have been making it a yearly “get away” spot ever since. They have a long list of fun filled actives and adventures to keep the entire family occupied. This list includes: fishing, swimming in the pool or the lake, boating, canoeing, horseback riding, shuffle board, basketball, or just finding a nice quite place under one of the large shade trees to read a good book. The kids will love all the animals, from petting Crystal and Dixie the miniature horse, to feeding the blue or white peacocks, to trying to spot the pair of gray foxes to only come out at night. Every year we make new friends during a long relaxing dip in the pool or over a great meal at Mel’s. So bring your cameras and start making your memories at this great little get away. Sharon and David, Euless Texas

Room Tip: We love cabin 17 for the family.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Arrowhead Resort at Lake Whitney is a beautiful and well maintained resort. Gary and Melinda Crow (and their staff) were very pleasant. Travel is required in my business but I don’t mind because I always stay at 4-5 Star properties and I must say Arrowhead Resort is a close comparable. I stayed in a Jacuzzi Suite with a great bed, a complete entertainment center, great homemade cinnamon rolls and OJ each morning and outstanding views of Lake Whitney. Everything was clean and comfortable and I not only caught up on my rest and reading, I stayed connected to the world via their fast WIFI network.
There were many photo opportunities between the horses (both large and small), colorful peacocks and the incredibly beautiful sunsets over the lake. The resort is located close to Lakeside Park’s so the opportunity to go for hikes on and off property were not a problem. Not only are Canoes available you can rent a pontoon boat from the Crows and enjoy the lake. The boat was easy to handle, safe and Gary made everything convenient for my visiting family and I to have an afternoon playing on (and in) the water.
The Friday and Saturday menu at Mel’s Steakhouse is outstanding. The only problem was that it was so good I eat too much. The gift shop at the office and restaurant entrance had many unique items allowing for some early Christmas gift shopping.
Gary and Melinda keep their property well groomed; the pool was clean and not over chlorinated. My room was spotless and very comfortable.
I look forward to my next visit to Arrowhead Resort and I would highly recommend a stay to my friends.

Room Tip: Remember to use sunscreen because you will want to be outdoors having fun although the Jacuzzi felt...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had the most relaxing weekend getaway. The cabin was great. The Crow's were excellent hosts. The food at the restaurant was good. Never got tired of watching the peacocks on the property. We had a magnificient view of the lake as well.

Room Tip: All the cabin locations are different. Some have a view of the lake, others have great shade. This...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

Been here before and it's always a consistent, calm, and peaceful getaway. This time I made it a point to come here after a business trip in NOLA before returning home to New Jersey. This is a small local resort on a quiet take with the most incredible sunsets and a wonderful little weekend cafe right here within walking distance from my cabin. I just love this place.

• Stayed March 2012
Sandema, Ghana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were very disappointed by this resort. They promoted their bed and breakfast cabins with fresh pastries and fresh oj. The pastries were not fresh. There were four in our cabin when we arrived on Friday afternoon. We were expected to eat them on Friday and Saturday and in fact if they had 6 we would have been expected to eat three day old pastries on Sunday. The oj was not fresh in fact it was Sunny D.

On Saturday afternoon when I told the owner we would need pastries for sunday morning she asked if we had been given 4 or 6 when we arrived. I said 4. then she said OK i'll send some over on sunday for Monday morning. When i told her two of us at the 4 pastries she replied that most people only eat one.

We were also disappointed because the cabins were housekeeping cabins but there were no pots, pans or dishes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
arrowheadresort, Owner at Arrowhead Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
I am glad that this guest enjoyed the rolls so much that the quantity was a disappointment. I sincerely apologize if she mistook my comments. What I was trying to say was that to prevent waste we don't over supply on the cinnamon rolls. They are large and the average consumption is 1 per day. Anytime someone asks for more with enough advance notice we will bake more. They are made from scratch and take 3 hours. We provide two days worth in the cabin on arrival, then provide more as requested. Obviously we failed to communicate properly with this guest and have taken steps to correct the information provided to B&B guests regarding what is provided.

There are lots of different types of B&B's. Our guests are typically active so we cater to that by providing a quick cinnamon roll and a bottle of Sunny D that can be taken on boats or eaten in the privacy of the cabin. We do provide plates, cups, forks, spoons, & wine glasses in the B&B cabins. We make sure our guests know what will be in the cabins before they arrive and we offer loaners of ANYTHING that a guest forgets to bring.
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Really enjoyed how peaceful and quiet it was during our stay.The onsite restaurant was above average,as were the rooms.Pool was great,and so was our boat rental.We will be back soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Buda /Kyle TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

"Hey guys, Be quiet, I'm trying to enjoy the beautiful sunset," our 7 year old grandson pleaded with his older brother and cousin as the three of them frolicked in waist high water as mud squished between their toes. The setting sun cast fire on the water as splashing schooling fish and nearby shorebirds provided background music. Then, there was the noise of the boys making bird calls to scare away the fish. They spent the morning feeding peacocks and searching for peacock feathers. Where else can you do this?! We loved doing these things, too!

Room Tip: #18, peacock on deck rail in morning! Grill!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Arrowhead Resort? Share your experiences!