“Unique Motel Rekindles Our Childhood!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tee Pee Motel & RV Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wharton
Tee Pee Motel & RV Park
You added Tee Pee Motel & RV Park to your Saves list
4098 E Business 59R, Wharton, TX 77488-0111   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wharton
Texas
“Unique Motel Rekindles Our Childhood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Although we only spent one night in Wharton at the Tee Pee Motel, I would definitely stay there again! As other reviewers have noted, the individual, tee-pee shaped rooms are small but clean with modern conveniences. We were there in January, and the room was nice and "toasty" that night.

• Stayed January 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

My friend and I got two teepees and had a wonderful stay. We shopped during the day and drank champagne on a picnic table under the stars that night. The rooms are small, but certainly big enough. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff. It was just a fun thing to do!

• Liked — The teepees themselves!
  • Disliked — Aboslutely nothing to complain about.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

i spent one night in the refurbished Tee Pee Motel. Originally built in the 1940s the teepees were refurbbed a few years ago. Nothing special about the location - just a chance to stay in a concrete tee pee. Bed was comfortable and my teepee was outfitted with the usual tv, coffee maker, frig. The staff were very friendly and clearly enjoy working there.

• Liked — Concrete tee pee!!
  • Disliked — Nothing to recommend area other than sleeping in a concrete teepee.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

This was a great little get a way with just a few issues. First and formost the beds were so uncomfortable. I rolled to the middle all night long. Second was room temp. It was either hotter then the blazes or I had to turn the heater off and it was very cold. no middle ground. It was a one night deal anything more would have been unbearable.

• Liked — the Tee Pee theme
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

This was awesome. Wanted to stay here as a child but never was allowed. It then spend many years abandoned. Some lottery winners decided to buy it and fix it up and I am so thankful. I loved it. The whole experience was just thrilling. We built a campfire and roasted marshmallows. Everyone was friendly including the other guests. There is no pool, so modern-day travelers should be advised, but there is plenty to do in Wharton if you just want to get away from it all. There are nice
antique stores, the county courthouse in town square, etc.

Be warned....the beds are short. I am only 5'5" and my feet were
almost to the end. They are too soft for my liking but could live with it for one night.

I will definitely be back.

• Liked — The atmosphere. Very friendly and down to earth.
  • Disliked — The bed was too soft.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Parsippany, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

I decided to throw caution to the wind and book a night at the Tee Pee Motel and the other nights at the chain motel in town during my last stay in Wharton. I'm a business traveler and internet access is mandatory but I figured I could live without it one night.

It turns out that when making their list of amenities they left high speed internet off the list. When I checked in they asked if I needed a data cable which was provided free.

The room was surprisingly spacious, especially since it contained a double bed, half-size refrigerator, microwave, sofa, a desk and chair and there was also a coffee maker in the bathroom. The Texas-sized air conditioner is perfect for the summer heat and the rooms are still clean since they were renovated only a year ago. There are picnic tables outside the rooms and a few hibachi sized grills scattered about.

The next morning I cancelled my other hotel reservation and booked my tee pee for the rest of the week.

One curious note, although there was a clothes rack there were no hangers so I had to hit the local discount store to pick some up.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

"Best little Motel in Texas" comes to mind instantly, not to be confused with the Movie with a similar name! My trip to this small, but large on hospitality, Motel was to photograph and write about it for the S.C.A. Journal. I got the story I wanted and the photographs as well, but the time I spent with these hospitable owners was time well spent and greatly appreciated. As soon as my time permits it's off to this area again to spend more time at the Tee Pee Motel in Wharton, TX. Great Motel, ***** STARS!!!

Stayed August 2007

Been to Tee Pee Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!