“I got married here. Pretty nice Hotel and rooms. Not so service. Little pricey comparing to other Texas hotels” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Marriott Solana

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

All my wedding functions were held in this hotel so basically we took all the kinds of services from them. Hotel location is not that good as there is nothing within walking distance. Restaurant within the premises is expensive. Breakfast in the morning is awesome and the manager & the staff of the morning breakfast restaurant was super awesome.

The hotel gave us a good deal but any other hotel would have given such a deal considering that we gave guarantee for 100 rooms for 2 nights plus at least $30k in alcohol sale during all the events. Hotel earned almost $70,000 from us and our guests during those two days but the staff didn't care about anything and were rude many times. My sister lost a diamond bangle in the ballroom and it has been almost 6 months now but the hotel never even called us up to even follow-up.

During the 2nd night after all the events there was a small fire in one of the vending machine in the 6th floor due to faulty wiring which they didn't catch during recently done yearly inspection and at 2am our entire guests (almost 200) were outside the hotel sitting on the floor from 2am to 5am in cold in their night dresses and the hotel provided just the table clothes to save ourselves from cold NO sheets or comforters BUT table clothes that too after we asked them to provide something because 2 guests fainted due to cold. The emergency exit is at the back of the hotel and after walking down the stairs from 6th and 7th floor (a few guests were disabled so their family members had to bring these people in their hands) there was not even a single hotel staff to help us or navigate us to the place where everyone was assembling. And when we asked the hotel that due to their negligence all our guests had to face inconvenience and that as a goodwill gesture to give something to all the guests some kind of "Sorry for the Inconvenience" discount on their room bills or give future stay money or something but the hotel GM straightforward said no and that they can't do anything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding because of it's proximity to where we needed to go and I was happy with our choice. From the moment we stepped into the hotel, everyone on the staff greeted us warmly. The lady at the front desk was able to accommodate our early check in. She also would address me by my name every time she saw me, which made for a nice personal touch. The room was pretty spacious, clean, and had everything we needed (from the abundance of outlet plugs to the little coffee/tea maker to all the extra large pillows). We had a nice view over the pool and the trees, and I was able to lay out in their comfy outdoor lounge. It had a convenient Starbucks located in the hotel (for a coffee addict like me), the bar had delicious desserts that we enjoyed after coming back from dinner, and my favorite part of the hotel was their breakfast buffet. We had it both mornings and the hostess, the cook, and the wait staff were very pleasant and friendly. The location is great and though we didn't use it, they have a shuttle to the airport and the mall. And the hotel is also steps away from a variety of restaurants (Mexican, pizza, a deli). It was very quiet too, no construction or highway noise. Overall, I was very satisfied by the level of service and it made for a very pleasant and comfy weekend stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a family reunion in March 2013 in Texas and we stayed at the Westlake Marriott. We had 10 to 15 rooms, over 20 people, rowdy, noise and happy group. The hotel received us well considering we were a huge group. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The front desk staff was cordial and helpful and always pleasant.

The restaurant and the bar area both were very nice, the food was great and overall we all had a great time staying at this very nice hotel. The pool looked very inviting but it was a bit cold for that so I was happy just looking at it from a distance. The building is modern with bright colors and very comfortable furnishings in the lobby area. I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and this was my 2nd time there and I will go back again.

Room Tip: 6th floor was lovely with its own sitting and breakfast room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is about a 15 minute shuttle ride from the airport. The staff is friendly and quick with getting you checked in. The bed was super comfortable with lots of pillows. I recommend that you get a room with a balcony if it's summer, because of the beautiful sunsets. The pool is small but a L shape with a waterfall, which makes it peaceful and enjoyable. Not many kids stay here thus no screaming and running around. The only draw back is the toilet is very low to the ground and very little area to place your things in the bathroom. The shuttle will take to the shopping center/movies/food stop and pick you back up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several time while visiting the area for work. The check-in is super easy. Just give them your name and off you go. It literally takes less than a min. Rooms very clean and comfy. They have a great lounge for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Only wished it stayed open longer on Friday. Went back to the 6th floor hoping to grab a few bottles of water and fruit to take back to the room since I was staying over the weekend, but it closed at 1230 pm. I have never visited the pool but it looks inviting. There are few stores and restaurants within walking distance. Plus there if free parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

From the moment, we arrived, well, actually from the time I called to re-confirm our reservation I was treated with awesome service from the staff at this hotel. They were more than happy to put all 3 of the rooms I reserved close together. The desk staff were so friendly and helpful. We were greeted by name on the phone and by room service. They truly were happy to have us here and showed interest in why we were traveling in the area.
I chose this hotel because it was just minutes from family we were visiting. I traveled with my dear husband and my son and daughter, their spouses and children. The room was exceptionally decorated, furnished and clean. I loved the Bath and Body works toiletries. THere was a fridge in the room. Extra towels were delivered quickly. We ordered room service for breakfast and were very pleased with the freshness of the fruit and delicious food.

I will definitely stay here again when in the area. Very close to Southlake shopping. Great stay for a great price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always look forward to staying at this hotel. The rooms are superb. I say this because; outlets are accessible and convenient, the bed are soo..comfy, there is a mini fridge, the gym is excellent. The resturant is also tasty. If looking for something light there is a Starbucks in the hotel. Plus, the shuttle will take you to SouthLake mall if you ask.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dallas Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!