“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Westlake
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Marriott Solana is a fabulous hotel with a very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious and the amenities are great. We will be defintely being staying there on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Convenient location for SouthLake and WestLake areas for business, the hotel has been enhanced over the last three years. Rooms are quite comfortable, and pleasant atmosphere with friendly staf... Beside that food is really bad at the restaurant and over priced! Better going elsewhere to avoid rip off...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Marriott for business purposes and found the decor, accommodations and staff to be exceptional. The room was neat, clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and very helpful with recommending restaurants and the like. I purposely chose to return to this hotel versus a Hilton in the Southlake area for these reasons. Besides, the drive to the restaurants wasn't that far. I will definitely stay again based on the 2 experiences I've had with this location in the past 2 years. Well done!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

On Friday morning my husband and I decided our family needed to have a last hurrah before school started. Nothing big - just an overnight getaway - someplace with a pool!

After looking at our usual hotels we decided to check out the Solana - I am glad we did. We found a GREAT deal and were excited because we had our wedding reception there 20 years ago this month! We hadn't been back since our 10th wedding anniversary.

We walked in - it was as beautiful as we remembered! It has such beautiful architecture and art work - a beautiful hotel designed by renowned architect Ricardo Legorreta. It still seems fresh after 20 years.

We were cheerfully greeted when we walked in the door. They had our reservation ready and the balcony room we requested. We found EVERYONE we came across - front desk, gift shop, pool and housekeeping staff to be VERY friendly and helpful.

The room was on the smaller side but was very comfortable for the evening. The pool was simple and elagent - no deeper than 4.5 feet. The pool area was lovely - there was also a beautiful outdoor terrace that we enjoyed after our swim and again the next morning. Perfect for the kids to run around and have fun (thankfully we were the only ones there.)

The hotel is in Westlake in a business area. We saw some other families there but it appears to mainly be a business hotel - we also saw Pilots and Flight Attendants coming and going. It is close to D/FW airport and just a short skip over to Southlake Town Center or Grapevine for shopping, dining and movies.

The only "negatives" I found were several of the the carpets have started buckling and need to be pulled. Also the breakfast seems to be expensive for families. We were able to get fruit and pastries from the Starbucks in the lobby gift shop. Other than that I have no concerns.

It was wonderful to show our children where we had our wedding reception 20 years ago. It brought back so many memories. It was elegant and lovely back then and still is.

A side note: there is a rock "sculpture" in front of the hotel - it was originally a "Steam Fountain." They stopped using it shortly after the hotel opened because people kept calling the fire department because they thought it was on fire! When we had our reception we expressed we were disappointed that it was not running since it was so unusual so our wedding was the last time it was turned on. It turned out to be VERY cool to look at but a steam fountain in the middle of August was not the best idea to have our guests stand in while they waited for us to run through the rice. It was HOT!

Room Tip: I made my reservation online and requested a balcony room, extra towels and pillows. We had everyth...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I enjoy my stays at the Marriott Solana, this is the second time I have been here. The beds are wonderfully comfortable and the room service is quite tasty, I highly recommend the home made chips and dip. One other tip, if you enjoy your cell phone service, ask for a room anywhere but the 1st floor. It seems to be somewhat underground and cell service is non-existent. This is frustrating. Otherwise a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the service very good. The food in the restaurant was good!! The people were so kind, cheery, and ready to help. I highly recommend the Marriott Solana.

• Stayed June 2011
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Let me start by making it clear- We DID NOT stay overnight at this hotel. We went to take some bridal photographs in and around the hotel. I can not say enough nice things about the hotel and staff!

Our experience began with an advance phone call to the events planner to find out if they would allow pictures to be taken at their facility. After she gathered the pertinent information, we were assured that it would be no trouble at all and that the staff would be notified of our upcoming visit.

The moment we walked in the door (which a polite staff member held open for us) we commented to one another about how good it smelled. It was a very clean scent, but without the typical strong chemical odor. We walked to the check-in counter and were greeted with kind words and a smile. After briefly explaining who we were, we were given free reign to photograph in any of the common areas. We used the large lobby restroom (which was meticulously clean) to prepare the bride for her pictures then began walking around and photographing. Every staff member we encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful and there were plenty of great backdrops.

While we did not see a single room, we spent a good bit of time around the lobby and the restaurant patio, took a ride in the elevators, saw the area near the ballrooms and went out into the terrace/pool area. All of the areas were pretty and clean. I can't imagine that the rooms would be any different.

Basing my opinions on interactions with the staff and cleanliness and comfort of all the common areas, I would personally have no trouble staying in this hotel. It is extremely close to DFW Airport, but I never heard airplane noise from inside the building. It is definitely not right in the center of "all the action," but a short drive will place you at any number of popular places to eat, shop and be entertained. It seemed like the majority of people there were on business (we even saw some pilots) but as I said, I would stay there for pleasure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Dallas Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!