“Great Kolaches” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“Great Kolaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped by there on a road trip and bought sandwiches for dinner and kolaches for breakfast the next morning. I ordered the Cheesesteak which was big enough for two meals. The kolaches were excellent even two days later...

They were extremely busy, but the service was friendly and the line moved quickly. This is really a bakery and a convenience store, so not really a restaurant. There is very limited seating.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas
“Polka music and carbs - yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Must stop on I-35 between Dallas and Austin. Favorite kolaches (bread roll with filling) Sausage and sauerkraut, breakfast sausage and cheese, all of the fruit and cream cheese ones. The rest of the deli food is good too. If you are traveling across the U.S., you should buy a bumper sticker that says "Jak se mas" (pardon my spelling) which means "how are you?" in Czech. The left side of the store is the same as the right, so take your pick if the line is long on one side.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“A good place to stop to buy a snack and gas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stopped at the Czech Stop many times. My wife and I enjoy the kolache's of various flavors. Our favorite is the cream cheese kolache. Be careful to not buy too much since it does not do well over time. It is best eaten very soon after purchase.
Although we always enjoy the goodies on the road, I have noticed the prices are going up and I no longer feel I get good value for my money. Especially after fighting the crowd of bus passengers that unload there and swamp the place.
We will probably continue to stop as we pass on trips. But we decided that on our next trip we would go further into West and try some of the other places NOT right on the highway.
This is a good town to stop and purchase bakery goods and good food. But the place on the highway is pricing themselves out of our business.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Key West, Florida
“Makes my mouth water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A MUST stopped when I-35! I might even go out of my way to stop there. Simply delicious! The kolaches are incredible and everything is fresh and well stocked. Try some of the delicious homemade breads or sausages also.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio
“THE place to stop on I35 between San Antonio & DFW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fantastic bakery goods at this bakery, c-store, gas station.

Kolachces are the specialty but all baked goods are special.

This drive is incredibly boring & ugly - particularly when you have made the trek more than 100 times but this place is always a must stop.

I always feel rejuvenated after The Czech Stop.

• Visited February 2013