“Very Good Steaks/Chops But Pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 139 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: American
Jacksonville, Texas
“Very Good Steaks/Chops But Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went with family to have a nice dining experience and we certainly did. Flo's Filet, 6oz or 8oz is an excellent choice. Very tender cut of meat and nice flavor too. I had the pork chops and they served two large, bone-in chops. They were juicy and seasoned very nicely. Others had chopped steak, parmesan crusted chicken and a special filet with mushrooms. It was all excellent. Plenty of choices of veggies and desserts. Very clean restrooms and dining room. Service excellent. My only complaint is the price. I know the ambiance of the restaurant is great but prices are just a bit high in my opinion. I can go to Texas Roadhouse and get a larger filet that is just as tender and tasty but costs much less. Other than that, I cant complain about this place and will probably go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“I'd go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Location is decent to get out of the bad 5 o'clock traffic. Service was friendly and food was good. Had a good amount of people there.

League City, Texas
“If cleanliness is next to Godliness, He wouldn't dine here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have been wanting to try this place for a while. We drive by on a regular basis. We decided to go on Father's Day. Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait long. Our preacher was short-winded today and we were able to beat everyone else there. We were seated immediately at one of the high-tables in the bar area (it's ok. We aren't Baptist). Shortly thereafter, I went to the restroom. Getting to the restroom was a maze in itself. I had to squeeze around other diners at their tables to get to the restroom. I would NOT have been happy sitting at their tables with the amount of traffic going by. The restrooms needed immediate attention. I realize fecal matter should be deposited in a toilet but that doesn't mean I want to see it splattered all over the porcelain. I had immediate concerns about their kitchen.

I semi-expressed my concerns to my family but we decided to stay anyway. We ordered two Flat Iron steaks, 1/2 rack of ribs, and the parmesan crusted chicken. The before-dinner Caesar salad was ok at best. One came without dressing (but my son doesn't eat anything green so it didn't matter) and the lettuce needed to be cut more. Some of the pieces of lettuce were so large, you could have balled it back up into a completely connected head of lettuce. The dressing wasn't that great. Surprisingly, the Flat Iron Steaks had a very good flavor (cooked medium). My son (a 15-year old picky eater) enjoyed the ribs as well. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken was reported to be good as well although when I tasted it, I thought the parmesan was heavy. Keep in mind, I'm not a huge fan of parmesan anyway so I'll chalk that up to my tastebuds.

They did seem slightly understaffed but for the most part, the service was acceptable. On a couple of occasions, our waiter would ask if we needed anything and then almost immediately walk away prior to getting a response. A couple of those times, I did need something and had to call him back. Maybe they were understaffed, as other reviewers have stated.

My total bill (including an 18% tip) was $87.00. Personally, I think that is slightly excessive for what we received. Again, the main courses had a really good flavor and were cooked as requested. Everything else needed help. Oh, and don't forget to use the restroom PRIOR to coming to the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Really really good dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had a group of 12 for a business dinner. Started with "perfect margarita". We had aps of stuffed mushrooms, crab and shrimp dip. Both were really good, everyone loved them. Most at our table had a steak some with crab meat atop, for the purists, just good steak. I seldom have steak, preferring seafood. One of their specialities was a bourbon salmon, I ordered it rare and it was delicious, and succulent. Side had excellent flavor, rice and mashed potatoes were both good.
I had asparagus side that was steamed. Desserts were huge, enough for three people. We had apple pie type dessert with ice cream and it was a perfect ending to a nice night out. I had read that service was slow due to understaffing, maybe true, but after the "perfect margarita" no worries.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good food but understaffed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We decided to try this restaurant on New Year's Eve so we expected a crowd (1 hour waiting time). Unfortunately, considering the date, the small bar was woefully understaffed (1 bartender). Looking around, we could see empty tables, but apparently there was a shortage of servers and busing staff because no one was being seated in those sections. When we were finally seated, the waitress was very efficient and attentive, so we're assuming the slow seating time was a fluke. The steaks were good, the side dishes and appetizer were excellent, except the house salad, which was uninspired. Perhaps we should have selected another option. The prices are reasonable for a steakhouse. We'll go there again, and hopefully will not have to wait as long.

• Visited December 2013