“Just another chain” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas
“Just another chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Definitely more upscale than your local chain steakhouse, but service was poor. Refills were always late, most of the time they had to be requested. Manager was around but too busy handling problems throughout the entire restaurant from lack of service. Longhorn stays in tune with chain service. Always weak, offering free deserts. There are to many options in the area we won't be back.

Houston, TX
“Refreshing, Comfortable and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a new restaurant in the Clear Lake area of Houston and we've been to it a few visits to try it out. We've left very satisified on all of our visits. it is well lighted, very clean, partitioned into distinct areas with low walls which gives it a more quaint and comfortable feel and deadens the sound. The booths and chairs at the table are comfortable and the decor is quite nice and definitely "Old West". The food is quite good with the steaks being tasty and done as ordered. The service is efficient and friendly and they do a great job of keeping my iced tea glass full -- a definite criteria for me. One can sit and linger or be in-and-out quickly as needed, which I like since we've been in situations where we could linger and also where we were in a mild rush. The restaurant caters to families and takes positive steps to make families comfortable. We will visit this restaurant a lot more in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“A standout among a sea of steakhouses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My father in law recommended this restaurant because it was close to his house- not because he had tried it ( that's another story). My family if four went on a weekday during lunch and left satisfied and happy. I had the lunch special with a seafood chowder and barbecue sandwich. Delicious. My son had a steak and it was cooked to perfection and seasoned well. As usual, my husband sampled their chicken fried steak. He didn't want to share - and that's an excellent sign. Great service. Paid attention to detail.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Good quality steaks; decent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've been here about four times now. We have sampled their steaks and prime rib. They were all pretty good (better than Roadhouse, which is another steakhouse that they compete with) but I wouldn't say excellent.

I will say that when the prime rib was undercooked, the manager came out and told us dessert was on him, which I really appreciated

I also like their bbq sauce that they make at your table. Very yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, Texas
“NOT going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lets start with the bread....just bread..wheat bread,not very tasty....Salads were suppose to be a green salad ...90% iceberg ......wife's steak was OK,but her baked potato was cold(butter and cheese did not melt) and tasted old,it was replaced with mixed vegetables.My prime rib was also cool with no flavor or seasoning.Service was OK....Don't know who they are trying to compete with ? Texas Land and Cattle is much better..to expensive to compete with Texas Roadhouse..........they were not very busy

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere