“Just wish the food was better.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Seabrook, Texas
“Just wish the food was better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to this - maybe all the reviews had my expectations too high. I was disappointed. Okay - granted I am a fish snob. But given the way Bonefish presents itself & the reviews were looking, the last thing I ever suspected of finding in this restaurant is Tilapia!! Holy Cow! And a large portion if the lunch menu is built around this fish even - can you believe it - fish & chips is Tilapia!!! I hate "Tilabia" - its a cheap flavorless filler that restauraunt suppliers are shoveling out. I get it - in kur future the world needs a cheap, sustainable food source, tilapia is easy "to grow" but I'm not buying it not paying like that for it. Gross! Bang bang shrimp had no bang. These are the basic popcorn shrimp you find in the po'boy at the Classic (betcha money they're exactly them) but with a mildly zesty creamy sauce. Enjoyable but not memorable - we coated ours with cholula and they were better. Husband had the chowder - just so so & served with saltines which seemed unspecial. Ahi tuna salad with miso vinaigrette was good but needs something - maybe some zest, ginger or Serrano? It was too boring. The ahi was just okay. The Thai tea ($3) was cloyingly sweet milk with some tea for color. I couldn't finish it. Boo! I was so looking forward to having a great fish place in our area!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, WA
“A split decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. It's certainly popular. The ambiance is lively but not too loud. The menu holds a lot of interest. The service is attentive. But the breading on my fish was way too salty. The manager type did take it back, and their second try was better. Also they aren't into sustainable fish, perhaps that's a Houston thing. So i would probably give them a second chance, but not right away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seabrook, TX
“Incredible Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My date and I went to the Bonefish Grill this previous Saturday evening and I feel compelled to write a review. We ordered the Bang Bang Shrimp as an appetizer and had Crab Cakes and Diablo Shrimp Fetuccine for entrees. Everything was expertly cooked, beautifully plated and the service was impeccable For dessert, we order the creme brulee to go. The manager came to our table to ask if he could send us home with the fluted creme brulee dish to ensure the best presentation. I'm returning the dish to the restaurant today......and must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with Bonefish Grill's committment to quality and customer service! I will definitely eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Ready to go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Bonefish Grill is the best reincarnation of this restaurant site, and unlike its predecessors, should be very successful. Interesting menu, not too extensive but with some really good choices. I had the shrimp with corn cakes, and it was outstanding, but it was a difficult choice since there were so many other items I wanted to try. Like the Terminator said, "I'll be back!"

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service, attentive wait staff, and great food......Bang Bang Shrimp = yummy. We had great time with family and friends on both occasions. A variety of seasonal drinks and food offered throughout year.