“Clean, safe and cheap!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Merida, Mexico
“Clean, safe and cheap!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is the best of my 3 stays at this location. The person at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and it seemed like a safe location. This is not a great place but if you are trying to save money and want a good location then this is a good choice.

The BIG negative is that they charge for WIFI - what hotel in they day charges for WIFI? They need to change this policy.

We traveled with a friend this time and they felt the same abut their room - good rate, safe and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vidor, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

1. We can't seem to get a trash can for our room. Called the desk twice, no can.
2. Just found some sort of mass (food?) stuck to the wall on the side of the bed.
3. The people however are nice. The housekeeper does not speak English but tries hard to see to our needs, such as towels.
4. The place only supplies those little tiny bars of soap, so don't forget your own!
5. The pool is nice.

I won't condemn the place, it's a good all-else-fails motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, the other side is pretty trashy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you just need a place to rest for a few hours would I recommend staying here. This was far below the normally pleasant experience I have at the Motel 6 chain of hotels. "Icky" is the most appropriate word I can use to describe this Motel 6. Walking into the room, I felt like I was stepping into a room at some sort of medical institution. The room was lacking in several basic amenities, including a coffee maker and free wifi. The floor was sticky and the bedding left much to be desired. But for the fact that we had driven six hours and were so tired we could hardly keep our eyes open, we would have tried to find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Livingston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The room itself was nice, with a "recently remodeled" feel to it. BUT this is the first time in years I've gone to any motel that 1) doesn't offer continental breakfast of any kind and 2) charges you for wi fi access to the tune of ~$3 per day per device! It seems I've stayed at other Motel 6's in the past year or two where those things were included in the room price. Traveling with two kids, I found that the costs of buying internet (which I refuse to do) and buying breakfast elsewhere (which I had to do) turned that "cheap nice room" into a poor value for me.

So, if breakfast and free wi fi are unimportant to you and you're looking for just a clean place to flop for a night, this place will give you that. But those other things are important to me, and in an age where they're standard offerings in most motels even at the "budget" level, I'll probably be staying elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had a wonderful Easter weekend stay at this Motel 6. I was here for 4 days this trip. I was told i brought them the first nice weekend of the year. I arrived early and the nice lady at the front desk told me my room would be ready by 2pm. I said that was perfect, because i needed to get a bite to eat next door at the Waffle House and i was going to go fishing at Clear Lake up the street. I caught flounder on topwater, broken back minnow. It was incredible. Other fishermen were catching them on jigs. My room was ready the minute they said it would be and it was beautiful everyday i got back from my fishing trip! I will keep coming back and will keep writing good things about this location! This location is just far enough from Houston and just close enough to Galveston!

Room Tip: They have several secure ice machines at the reception area along with two sets of secure washing ma...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
el paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a newer remodeled motel 6. There is not many places in the area that take pets we were visiting a friend and this one accepted pets free of charge. The pros are its centrally located just off the freeway, the rooms are remodeled very ikea like with hardwood floors instead of carpet. I only saw 1 roach but I doubt it was related to cleanliness I feel it more has to do with the extreme heat there is just no way to keep them all out but it was small and by the door so it may have just walked in when we had door to room open. Flat screen tv is a nice addition. overall I cannot see how you could ask for more considering the price. wifi is $2.99 a day PER device but it worked fine. I would not hesitate to use this facility again. we did not use the pool but it was always clean and many others were swimming in it. For us it was just a place to lay our head at night as we were out and about in the day. tip would be to stay toward back of building as its quitter and you don't have as much traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

we arrived early and were allowed to check in. Which after a long drive was greatly appreciated. Shortly after settling in the room next to us had a dog that started barking and scratching at the adjoining door. We complained to front desk and they quickly changed our room. They told us they were unaware that there was a dog in that room as we had requested not near any pets. They moved us closer to the pool which was clean and well maintained. As we have one ourselves at home. It could use some shade around the pool but overall we would go back.We did not like having to pay for the wi-fi though($2.99).

Room Tip: Request not near pets as it is a pet friendly hotel, near pool room has complete sun all afternoon.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Houston South - Clear Lake? Share your experiences!