“Direct On-Line Offer 6/29/2012” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   720 West Bay Area Boulevard, Webster, TX 77598 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Direct On-Line Offer 6/29/2012”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have visisted this location 4 times in the last three months. Each time there is an issue with the reservation. The front desk people do the best they can, but not always to satisfaction. Due to my frequent stays, I was sent an offer on line DIRECTLY from Extended Stay. I took advantage of their offer and made an extra reservation for the date listed above. Upon arrival, even with a confirmation number, they had NO ROOM available. They said the advertisement in fine print does not guarantee a room, even thoough I reserved it with a credit card. I ended up in a smoking room that was in need of repair and STUNK! I reserved a queen NON SMOKING room 3 weeks prior. I left my name and phone number for the manager to call me back. To this day 7/13/2012, I have yet to receive a call from the manager with any type of resolution. Coming to town next weekend and three more times before the end of August. You guessed it, WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN! VERY POOR FOLLOW UP and customer service. for the additional $20.00 a night you can get a VERY nice room and friendly people with VERY clean rooms one block over....TRUST ME IT IS WORTH it!

Room Tip: Rooms one block over for $20.00 more a night SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER and WELL WORTH IT!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. We apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We used Priceline for our Memorial Day Weekend and only bid $40.00 so we knew we were not going to get a 4 star hotel. However, this hotel was not really worth the $40.00! Pull out bed is a chair which results in a smaller than twin size bed. They do not clean the room or replace the towels unless you pay a per day fee. Beds are very uncomfortable and linens are awful. There is a full size refrigerator and 2 burner stove although we did not use these since we only bathed and slept in the room and spent the rest of our time in Galveston. The breakfast only consist of bagels, muffins, and coffee and get there early or you will get nothing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd., responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Houston - NASA . Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This place is dirty with lots of stains on the carpet and couch. Our room smelled like smoke.
The Bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in. After a long night of back pain the breakfast was limited to old bagels and weak coffee. Priceline has this hotel as a star 2 which at best should be a star 1.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of July 4th and the room was completely filthy and covered in bedbugs. We have taken pictures for validating beds & the bites. Hotel paid for in advance to Expedia. We told the local manager who stated, they would have the room sprayed. A call back to the day manager, who did not want to do anything. Expedia would not do anything and said it was the hotel's responsibility. The day manager has offered to reimburse 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel was run down and DIRTY!!!!! We stayed there 3 nights and now are infeasted with bed bugs.... The room was FILTHY and the linens were dirty as well. There were bugs in the shower and everywhere else. I will NEVER go here again!!!!! So beawre when you go to sleep here.. the bed bugs WILL bite!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
mslibra80
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I made a bid thru Priceline and won this place. Me and my family stayed 1 night there after a full day at the Kemah Boardwalk. The outside appeared well maintained along with the inside lobby area. They seem to have a very skeletal crew - only 1 desk clerk and when I arrived to check in she was away from the desk for about 10 min assisting another customer change rooms (apparently they checked someone into a room that someone else was already in). Also, around 3am no one was at the desk when I went downstairs to ask where the soda machines where. When I got back to my room I called the front desk and someone answered right away.
We had 3 rooms that included a queen sized bed, a chair that is also a pull out twin bed, full size fridge, 2 burner stove, dish washer, microwave, and a small dining area. The size of the room is slightly smaller than other extended stays I've been but it wasn't cramped. The beds are firm and a bit lumpy from the springs. They have a thin mattress pad on top of the mattress which helps. Mediocre size TV. The room was clean overall except for a little mildew along the corner cocking of the tub. We stayed on a Saturday night and despite them being 100% booked the halls were still quiet at night. We overslept and missed out on the breakfast but its the usual continental style.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with this extended stay for the price I paid and would recommend this place for anyone looking for a decent but cheap two star hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms by lobby are closest to elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Above the expected great service, we had a medical emergency that the overnight staff member was essential in assistant with; way beyond her duties. The rooms were comfy and the staff very helpful. The location is very convenient to good food and entertainment and a pleasant place to stay for the road warrior in all of us.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.

Address: 720 West Bay Area Boulevard, Webster, TX 77598 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd.)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Webster
Ranked #1 of 2 Specialty Lodging in Webster
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Nasa-Bay Area Blvd Hotel Webster
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd. Webster, TX

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Bay Area Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.