“This Place was Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   506 West Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Austin, Texas
“This Place was Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My family was one of several that stayed at the Hampton Inn in the Houston/Clear Lake-NASA area for a single night while attending a school function in Friendswood. I was upgraded to a suite because I am a Hilton Rewards member (Thank you hotel staff!). I can honestly say that our stay here was fantastic and that the hotel was one of the nicest I have ever stayed at for the price. We stayed in a large suite consisting of three rooms. The first room housed a kitchen and a living room. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator and sink, a two burner cooktop, over-the counter microwave, granite countertops, eating bar with granite top, and was equipped with plates, utensils, glasses etc. The living room had a loveseat, end table, bureau with three drawers, and a 32" flat screen TV. The second room was a nice sized bedroom with two queen beds and a full sized closet, a dresser, and a flat screen TV. The third room was a bathroom with ceramic tile, a fiberglass tub with curved shower curtain, and a "power flush" toilet. The entire place was very clean and comfortable. The rooms were well furnished and towels and linens were of good quality. The room rate included a decent continental breakfast that included the standard items and also eggs, biscuits, and gravy. The hotel had a decent business center with a single computer and printer. There was a fairly small outside pool and an exercise room with a treadmill, elliptical trainer, and exercise bike. There were also several fairly large meeting rooms on the second floor (our group used one of these for a midnight snack and staging area for our kid's school activity). Staff were very helpful and efficient. The hotel is a few blocks off of IH-45 but was fairly easy to locate and access. Parking was free. There are many, many good restaurants in the area, quite a few within walking distance of the hotel. My family thought this was a fantastic place to stay and we will definitely plan on staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Everything to say here is in the title. Loved it. Pleanty of room for a familly of 5 it was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with a group of 5 families- 19 of us in all. We loved it! This hotel looks as if it's been recently renovated. It's clean, modern, and feels fresh. The room was very nice with the flat screen t.v., refrigerator and comfortable bed. The bathroom was also very clean and modern. The staff was very courteous and helped us with directions to NASA. The pool was great and they had plenty of towels. We were all really impressed with breakfast. I honestly think this was the best breakfast based on selection that we've ever had at a hotel. However, one person in our party was disappointed there wasn't a waffle maker. They had everything else- biscuits & gravy, bagels with egg, ham & cheese, donuts, waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit and much more. It was laid out very well and there was plenty of seating for everyone. The pool was nice and had a big deck area with an outside eating/sitting area away from the pool. It was 10 minutes from NASA if that and had tons of places to eat within walking distance. We'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2009
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last couple years for business, so I've gotten to know it pretty well. I've also stayed several other places in the Webster/Clearlake area, the Hampton is one of the best in the area, and I would not hesitate to stay here. It could be a great hotel, and I feel bad because they seem to be trying so hard to make things better, but just can not quite get there. Some pros and cons to demonstrate what I mean:

PROS:

Service at front desk - several employees have come and gone but they've all been great
Good "free" breakfast with variety of hot and cold foods
Good "free" happy hour with snacks and beverages (including alcoholic drinks)
Location is very convenient to NASA Johnson Space Center
Location is convenient to several good restaurants (BJs, Anthony's, Papasitos)

CONS:

The place flooded in late 2008 and received a complete renovation as a result. You would assume that was a good thing, but all the new stuff seems to be in poor shape:
Hinges and handles on furniture (dressers and desk) are loose or broken
Faucets are leaky
Toilet seats won't stay up (sorry, I'm a guy and this is quite annoying)
Rooms are dark with less lighting than before
Wireless internet is spotty (though you can plug in with ethernet cable)
New plasma television has poor picture quality

Maybe these are temporary issues, but I just get the feeling that this place will always struggle with something. Still, I'd say the pros outweigh the cons.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

We took our family of four to the the NASA Johnson Space Center which is less than two miles from this Hampton Inn & Suites. We asked for a rate associated with the JSA and got a substantial discount off the rack rate. This hotel has just been completely remodeled. It's clean and lovely. The rooms have a lot of thoughtful touches. Incredibly comfortable beds with soft sheets and very big, fluffy comforters (also for sale from Hampton Inns since they're SO good). Not kidding you. Each of the family members mentioned them. Table with two side chairs, not one. Plenty of lighting. Wifi and Ethernet cord. Push button clock radio with pre-programmed radio stations. No noisy fan vent in the bathroom. Curved shower rod for extra room. WaterPik shower head. Mini fridge for your sodas and wine. Single-cup coffee maker. Digital thermostat that's easy to control. Nice mini-buffet breakfast in the lobby that's more than a few pastries. Really, we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on this trip. We usually stay at more upscale properties, but this place, while not cheap, exceeded our expectations. And if you visit NASA, check out the Level 9 tour. It's three times more expensive than just the museum ticket price, but worth every penny. Our teenage kids said "best tour I've ever been on." Retired NASA employees take small groups of 10-12 people to locations the main tour groups don't even have access to. You go INSIDE the rooms where the main tour groups pass through on an enclosed catwalk. Apparently we lucked-out and got an award-winning NASA employee who loves to share details of the space program with these small groups. It was incredible. We booked it a month in advance through the NASA/Johnson Space Center Web site.

• Liked — Comfy beds and room accommodations
  • Disliked — Nothing. It was perfect for us.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
earth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

This hotel is the VERY worst I have ever stayed at. I spent $3,000.00 in less than 3 weeks at this place and they kicked me out because they overbooked their rooms!!! I travel all over the country and I will never stay at a Hampton Inn ever again because of this property and the management at this location. They absolutely don't care about anyone but themselves there. I will likely follow up with a complaint with the BBB over this nightmare stay, and will post on every website I can to warn people about this place. The rooms were stinky and the floors were damp in all the rooms they bounced me around in. This hotel has alot to learn about hospitality and public relations. They also charged me more than they should have after the hurricane went through. I highly recommend if you need a room in this area.....go somewhere else even if you have to drive a little more, you won't regret it. Take this message for what its worth, but I tell you my stay was absolutely horrible!!!!! Never Again!!!!! One other thing, their doors never worked correctly so you have to chase down one that does work and that sucks in the rain!!!!

• Liked — nothing at all!!!!! this place is horrible!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I was thoroughly satisfied from the moment I arrived. The gentleman at the Front Desk was alone and busy with a reservation as I was trying to check-in, but he was very courteous and professional. The room smelled fresh; housekeeping did a great job with the cleanliness of the room. Most importantly: the beds were heaven! I remember joking with another guest while in the elevator that they were so comfy you almost wanted to jump on them! Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers. :)

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!