“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Concord, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very clean, wonderful and friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again. The rooms are spotless, well equiped and quiet. During my stay, the hotel was completely full and yet, I did not have any problems with noise or access to facilities. WiFi was quick and easy. Bedding was super-clean, high quality and very comfortable. Hallways to rooms are a little weird, but once you find your room, it's no problem. Bathrooms are well maintained and very clean. I have stayed at various hotels in the Houston area and this is the nicest within my budget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Victoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Excellent space for a business stay concerning location of restaurants, highway and industrial plants. Cleanliness is excellent, staff is helpful and food was spot on. Price is right as well for the value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Garland, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you're going to be on the South side of Houston definitely consider this hotel. Clean rooms, pleasant staff, many choices for breakfast, including hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausages, etc. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns because they are so consistent, and this one didn't disappoint. I will definitely stay here if I am in the area again. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. There are nearby restaurants in the area and the breakfast is always good at this hotel as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Big Bear Region, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I normally to stay at Hampton Inns because of consistent quality but this location was disappointing. When we arrived, there was no one on duty at the front desk. Took about 10 minutes before anyone showed up. We were checked into a room on the fourth floor but when we walked in the smell was so bad that we turned around and went back to the front desk to ask for another room.

The young lady at the front desk was able to get us into another room but seemed less than concerned about the problem. Just not the level of service we are used to. No apology for our inconvenience. Just a bit of sour attitude. No sense that there was something that needed to be addressed with house keeping.

Today the front desk could not help us receive a phone message and the red light on the room phone is still blinking away. I think that some staff development training might be in order.

When the staff can't tell you how to operate the phone system in their place of work, it is not a good sign. No offer to ask someone else, just "I do not know".

The room is nice and clean. The free breakfast was up to the usual Hampton standards.

The star at this location is Loretta who was hosting the evening hospitality service. She was outgoing and very friendly. She made us feel very welcome. Loretta is a prefect example of the way a staff member makes a huge difference in the way a hotel is perceived and if guests come back or not.

Not likely that we would stay at this location again based solely on the front desk staff. There are other Hampton Inn locations near the Johnson Space Center which we will use if we return to the area.

On this vacation we have reservations for 14 of the 16 nights to stay at assorted Hampton Inns along the way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ray H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Mr/Mrs. Kappelmann,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm glad that I had the pleasure of speaking with you in regards to your check-in prior to your departure. I was sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our standards. I have passed your comments along to the staff to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Best regards,

Ray Hite
ray.hite@hilton.com
Webster, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The title says it all. In general, I try to stay at this chain of hotels, and I have stayed in Hampton Inns many, many times. Whether in the northeast or the south, whenever I stay I've always been satisfied. Clean, in safe locations, and with great staffing, Hampton Inn is my choice. I especially like their policy of using a newly cleaned duvet for each new guest. A modest but tasty breakfast is a plus also.

Room Tip: A value to start with, the AARP card lessens the cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out our survey recently. Your comments are very important to us. We understand that when you are far away from home, you would like to stay where you feel most comfortable.

I share all of our guest's responses with my team and it's always a joy to share the positive ones such as yours. People often take the time to tell us when we are doing wrong and less likely to tell us when we are doing something right. These types of responses from our valued guests are sure to bring a smile to the faces of our team!

We know that your time is very valuable and we truly appreciate that you took the time out your busy day to share your experience with us. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Houston/Clear Lake-NASA area.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Just a few miles to the Johnson Space Center, close to a major shopping centre and there are several great restaurants within walking and driving distances.

The hotel seems to be newer. Our hotel room (room 318) had 1 king bed and 1 double bed (set back in another space). We also had a sofa. The room was large and quiet.

Breakfast was good and had several selections. I did notice that there was no bread available.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Have a Wonderful Day!

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!