“Definitely gone downhill” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Definitely gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed here when I was in the area in the past, and loved this hotel! It's been a couple of years since I stayed here and was looking forward to returning. However, it has definitely gone downhill. The breakfast food is mediocre at best, the room smelled mildewy, and the advertised Manager's Reception was cancelled without notice.

My biggest problem was with the pillows - I woke up my first morning with my eyes pretty much swollen shut to realize that the pillows were made of down. So, I went down to the front desk to ask for different pillows, which every other hotel using down pillows has had for people with allergies. I politely explained to the front desk clerk that I thought the pillows were down, did she know if they were? She looked at me like I was speaking nonsense. I further explained my allergies and asked for different pillows. She continued to stare at me blankly, obviously just waiting for me to give up and leave, which I did. I ended up sleeping with my sweatshirt as a pillow.

Finally, the housekeeping staff is far too active with the guests' stuff. I found my toiletries moved around, some things returned to my toiletries bag, the lid to my shaving cream put back on, shoes and work items rearranged all over the room. While I obviously understand that they need to clean the room, I have never been to a hotel where they did these things, and I thought it was highly inappropriate, especially regarding toiletries.

I will definitely not be returning to this hotel for future business trips, especially with so many other good hotels within a 2 block radius!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out our survey recently. Your comments are very important to us. We understand that when you are far away from home, you would like to stay where you feel most comfortable.

It appears that you experienced some problems during your stay.I apologize for your inconvenience. I am concerned that I was not made aware of the situation and was hoping that you may be able to fill me in on the exact circumstances of your troubles. I would like to make sure that the in house problems have been properly taken care of and that you, as our guest, are completely satisfied with a resolution to the issues.

If you have any further comments that will help us meet our customer satisfaction goals or any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel or via email.

Again thank you for expressing with me your concerns and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had problems with the hotel we were staying at and had to end our stay at 4am ( in the middle of the night). Bryan, night auditor at the Hampton Inn, made our switch in the middle of the night effortless so we could get checked in and get some shut eye! Thank you Bryan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

I share all of our guest's responses with my team and it's always a joy to share the positive ones such as yours. People often take the time to tell us when we are doing wrong and less likely to tell us when we are doing something right. These types of responses from our valued guests are sure to bring a smile to the faces of our team!

We know that your time is very valuable and we truly appreciate that you took the time out your busy day to share your experience with us. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Houston/Clear Lake-NASA area.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this Hampton Innn. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Although, I was traveling on business, I would bring my family to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

lakeway tx, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

we needed a suit which provided handicap facilities . we received a suit next to an outside entrance with a well equipped suit 2tv,s. the suite was large which was nice as we had to stay in the room 24/7

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

TOMBALL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upon my arrival my two bed room was not available and clerk said we have upgraded you to a king sutie. The room was very nice, spacious for my family of 4. Easy access to freeway, great location. Would stay here again if in the area! Lobby was nice and cont breakfast was good. My stay was not long enough to enjoy the pool. This hotel was rated 3 star which i was not too sure but i think it's more 3.5-4.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

Lake Hiawatha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hampton Inns are the best for your money. The breakfasts are great and there is much to choose from. My favorite are the Bagel Toppers. The Business Room makes it easy to print boarding passes and answer e-mail from home. Their locations are also near great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Allen, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean and no complaints about the establishment. We had a good rate, but after receiving the final bill we found once we got home from the trip that we were overcharged. We got the initial run around about what the charges were for but it was incorrect. We had to make multiple calls to get it resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize about the bill not being correct.
Have a Wonderful Day!

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!