First impressions - very good. Front desk service was excellent.
Everything looked very new as only open 3 years. Modern lobby area with evening drinks & snacks (which we didn't get the chance to sample as visiting family).
Our room was a little on the small side. Beds were very comfortable with choice of pillows.
Unfortunately my bed was very noisy- creaked every time I moved and couldn't find out why.
We had to unplug the fridge & turn off the ventilation system as they also made a terrible racket.
Bear in mind that the railroad passes VERY close to the hotel - not a problem during the day, but if you're a light sleeper, the trains 'tooting' at 3am got very annoying.
Also, the walls and floors are very thin - we could hear the guests above us walking around their room and the water system next door woke us up at 5am each morning (presumably when they got up & showered).
On the plus there is a plethora of eateries within walking distance & even more if you have a car - try the Egg & I or La Madeleine for great breakfast options (as the hotel doesn't offer complimentary brekkie).
Would probably stay here again if in the area, despite the noise problems - would ask for a room away from the lift and on the top floor.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster Hotel
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster Hotel Webster
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster TX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Full Service Hotel in Webster, TX that offers a Restaurant and lounge and is conveniently located on Bay Area Blvd, only 3 miles from NASA Johnson Space Center and within walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. Our central location provides easy access to a number of recreational activities. Stroll through Armand Bayou Nature Center, watch the boats on the Kemah Boardwalk, go Shopping at Baybrook Mall, or relax on the water at Clear Lake Park. The San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas, and Big League Dreams Park are just a short drive away. The beaches of Galveston Island and the excitement of Downtown Houston are just two places nearby not to miss while visiting. Business travelers will appreciate our free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, as well as copy and fax services. University of Houston Clear Lake, BP, Boeing, ExxonMobil, Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering, NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington field and Nisseki Chemical are just a few of the companies that call Houston Clear Lake home. Relax in your own elegant room featuring stylish decor and amenities, and the best night's sleep you've had in weeks. If you're hungry, you can head downstairs to our Kem's Restaurant & Bar or receive room service in your room. Enjoy a swim in our heated pool with hot tub or energize in our 24 hour fitness center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Houston Clear Lake a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston - Webster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.