“Will never stay at another Econolodge again due to how I was treated” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Weatherford
jimmydaves
“Will never stay at another Econolodge again due to how I was treated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I've stayed at this Weatherford Econolodge for the past 4 years. Every time I came back to Texas to visit, I always stayed here. I relocated back to Texas and am waiting on my house to be finished. My current stay here is going on a total of 12 weeks.

The main manager, an older man named "John" went off on me one day when I wanted to change my credit card on file. This was after I had statyed there 8 consecutive weeks.

He was rude, went into my room when I left for a quick errand, turned off my tv, turned off he "fan", told me to take off the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door.

When I wanted to change cards, I handed him a new card and he threw it back at me saying he couldn't use that card; then asked me for my Driver's License, what kind of car did I drive, my License plate number and even accused me of trying to start a fire in my room (apparently by leaving the "fan" on). Again, this treatment happened after staying at this hotel for years and currently for weeks in a row.

This manager knew me, knew what car I drove, everything, but just to be mean, made me feel like an escaped convict who didn't deserve a room.

I like the part time manager who is perfect for this type of work, but the main manager needs medication or retirement. After this incident, I am going to a new hotel and will NEVER set foot in another Econolodge again, due to this man's behavior towards me.

It came out of the blue, I had no idea what was going on or why and no apology and wild accusations of me starting a fire and going into my room once I left to run an errand.

SIMPLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNDERSERVING OF ANY FUTURE BUSINESS BY ME OR ANYONE!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Address: 2207 Old Dennis Rd, Weatherford, TX 76087
Location: United States > Texas > Weatherford
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Weatherford
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.