“Not happy on this visit” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wild Mushroom Steakhouse and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 110 restaurants in Weatherford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Martin
Description: The Wild Mushroom has a warm and inviting ambiance; making each guest the center of attention and making them feel like a star. An aura of excitement swirls around the motions in the restaurant: flames and sizzling sounds appear choreographed as steaks are perfectly grilled and fresh wild salmon filets are broiled to perfection.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not happy on this visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Big let down. My husband and I are regulars here and we usually have a good experience. And when the experience is not-so-good, management has usually made it right. Not this time. We took visitors here (after bragging about it), only to find that the reservation my husband made several weeks before did not get us a table even though he had specified that we wanted to sit at a table (they told us we would get one, but they didn't have any when we arrived, but said that if we really wanted one we could wait an hour). Then we were seated in a tight booth, and when we were ready to order, we were told they were out of the more popular orders (steak, colossal prawn) and it was only 6:30 in the evening. We asked if the owner was there and were told that he was out catering. So we settled for entrees we didn't go there to order (my husband did say, "Let's just leave,") and we probably should've left and driven into Ft. Worth or down the road to Mesquite Pit. After spending $155.00 for four people plus a tip for the waitress (who didn't particularly seem happy to be there) for pork and a small piece of sea bass that were nothing to write home about and could've been purchased at one of the local diners or Chinese buffet for way less money and way more flavor, we will probably not be back for a looooooooong time. Sorry, Jarrett, pay attention to your restaurant on Saturday nights. We had come to expect more and not only didn't get it, but embarrassed ourselves in front of our guests for raving about it. So I guess it's back to Mesquite Pit for steaks, or over to Fish Creek where the former partner of this restaurant now cooks. File this under the "Fool me once" category.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Cresson, Texas
“Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Been several times before but the last few times we have been Lucky enough to have Bradley as our host and will say he is the one who made the last two visits Great!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lipan, Texas
“Very relaxing experience and great staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Wild Mushroom was nice from the moment we stepped there. The lighting was a bit "dim" inside the bar, however that was kind of a nice touch. Both my husband and I ordered steaks, medium rare with veggies. Our server was really on top of things, got our drinks and appetizer first thing, and constantly attended to our needs. We could tell he was a popular server because everyone that came in there said hello or gave him a hug. It had that down home appeal. The food was excellent and I am a harsh steak critic being my husband cooks wonderful steaks out on the grill. We have a hard time finding one at a restaurant that satisfies us. We will for sure dine there again, and I encourage everyone who has not gone to this establishment to give it a try for themselves. Two thumbs up!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Steaks, High Priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited the Wild Mushroom ona Saturday night. Reservations were easy using open table, and we were seated promply upon arrival at our scheduled time. The Stakes were superb, and for the price you pay here for a steak, I expected no less.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A real treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friends treated me to a wonderful evening here. It happened to be Restaurant Week, so I got to have a sampling of some of the chef's finest--appetizer, entree, and dessert.
I highly recommend this for a fine dining experience.

• Visited August 2013