“Tasteless Catfish” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Waxahachie
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The best southern comfort food and catfish around and the most haunted restaurant you will ever visit!
“Tasteless Catfish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am from the South, and I know what great fried catfish tastes like. This catfish was tasteless and I was greatly disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Great History”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is a great story here and the charm of the place is hard to beat, but I have to say the last couple of times we've been here the food has been less than amazing. I grew up coming here so I been here more than I choose to disclose :) The past couple of times the fish has been a little rubberey I hate to say. I still love the fried pickels and who knows when a ghost will happen by!?!?!?!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ennis, TX
“OK. Not bad, not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Catfish Plantation is fairly decent food, but nothing special. Just your typical catfish. But for what you get it's pretty overpriced. Not the fabulous dining experience it's hyped to be. Service is OK, not great.

Visited November 2012
Waxahachie, Texas, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Check out the Halloween and Xmas Decor! I have eaten here many times as well as gone here for their ghost hunting nights in the Spring. It is a great place run by a local family. The food is almost completely from scratch and fresh. In the winter time be sure to catch the Chef's fresh fruit cobblers. There so good! Good enough to order to go if your already full.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burleson, TX
“Have Loved this Place since Childhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been eating at the Catfish Plantation since I was a kid. The food is fabulous; I've never had a bad meal here. Over the years I've introduced many friends to this place. Although there are claims its haunted, I've never had an experience to confirm the claims. The place is drafty and chilly, but the house was built in 1895. Take a jacket and a big stomach. The portion sizes are huge. Try the catfish or the chicken fried steak!