“Fun quaint boutique restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cafe, Sandwiches, Delicatessen, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Frisco, Texas
“Fun quaint boutique restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

After a fun time shopping in the little boutique you must go to the Dove's Nest for lunch. We had the best sandwich plate ever. The server was so nice and it was a cute place. Very quaint & nostalgic.I love the town square in Waxahachie and will make a point of going back there next time I go to the city

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Walla Walla
“Great lunch place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great, friendly service, in the heart of town, irresistable cute shopping in front of store, very busy, clearly a town favorite, lots of antiques nearby. Everything was homemade and creative.

Visited October 2012
Texas
“Girly, but Good Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Disclaimer, I'm a guy. This is a girly restaurant - from the menu to the decor. I went with my wife and girls. They had sandwiches and loved them. I had the burger and fruit. The burger was very tasty. Fruit was fresh and a big portion. Was a bit diss appointed that they did not have ketchup or BBQ sauce. Prices a big high for lunch - $9 for lunch burger. Overall, a good experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fremont,ca.
“Poor management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Dove's Nest was not what I expected after seeing the ratings. I was disappointed with the lack of service and the amount of noise in the one large room. When my $9.00 Kobe beef burger arrived, it was not medium as I ordered but well done, so I sent it back. The next one was so rare it was inedible. I decided not to try again and sat there while my wife ate her meal. Her soup was not hot and the food average. I was shocked to see the bill that charged me for the burgers that were sent back. I spoke with the manager and he said that it was "real tricky to cook a 1/4 inch thick burger medium." I said "either give more beef or state all burgers have to be cooked well done." He tried to argue with me when I said that he should comp my wife's $10 meal. He said that he already comped me the 2 burgers. How ridiculous, to imagine a restaurant ever charging for food returned. The $10 to give customer satisfaction is a small price to pay. His attitude ruined the experience and prompted this review.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ennis, TX
“Good food, very average service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Dove's Nest has really good food, but their service is average at best. Oftentimes they are quite slow, and their waitstaff is not always very attentive. Parking can be a problem too during lunchtime.

I think the prices are a bit high for what you get, but the atmosphere is nice.

Visited September 2012