“Poor management” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
fremont,ca.
“Poor management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Dove's Nest was not what I expected after seeing the ratings. I was disappointed with the lack of service and the amount of noise in the one large room. When my $9.00 Kobe beef burger arrived, it was not medium as I ordered but well done, so I sent it back. The next one was so rare it was inedible. I decided not to try again and sat there while my wife ate her meal. Her soup was not hot and the food average. I was shocked to see the bill that charged me for the burgers that were sent back. I spoke with the manager and he said that it was "real tricky to cook a 1/4 inch thick burger medium." I said "either give more beef or state all burgers have to be cooked well done." He tried to argue with me when I said that he should comp my wife's $10 meal. He said that he already comped me the 2 burgers. How ridiculous, to imagine a restaurant ever charging for food returned. The $10 to give customer satisfaction is a small price to pay. His attitude ruined the experience and prompted this review.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ennis, TX
“Good food, very average service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Dove's Nest has really good food, but their service is average at best. Oftentimes they are quite slow, and their waitstaff is not always very attentive. Parking can be a problem too during lunchtime.

I think the prices are a bit high for what you get, but the atmosphere is nice.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great birthday luncheon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My God-mom took me here for a birthday luncheon. I liked the shop and all of it's cool finds, but the Doves nest food was fantastic!
I am a picky eater. The chicken salad sandwich my God-mom got was delicious and my grilled chicken sandwich was great, but the buttermilk pie was outstanding.
I suggest not getting soda here, because it can dilute the creative flavors and combinations. The bread on my sandwich was so full of color and taste.
I was full. I highly recommend this place. Get there before 2pm!

Visited August 2012
Waxahachie, Texas
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I frequent The Doves Nest every chance I get and LOVE it every time. I have Never had a bad experience.

Visited June 2012
Near Dallas Texas
“Always great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food is always fantastic here. The orange tea alone is worth the price of the meal. Pasta specials are my favorite. The only reason for not putting five stars is that the groups enjoying lunch here tend to be somewhat loud, but this is a wonderful place for lunch with a friend.

Visited August 2012