“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

For whatever reason, this hotel is a real bargain for the high quality you'll receive ($55 w/ AAA discount). We stayed here before when the hotel first opened a few years ago and it is still in excellent shape. The front desk staff was professional, not overly nice, but had us checked in quickly. The bed was as great as we remembered with soft linens. Ultra clean bathroom w/ plush towels and modern amenities. Flat sceen, nice carpeting, plenty of room to stretch out. For the money, one of the best Choice Hotels we've stayed in. Only one glitch, the room fridge didn't work, but on this particular stay it was not a big deal. Overall, it was a quiet, safe, and relaxing stay. I'm usually not a big fan of the Choice Hotels idea of "breakfast", but this one was pretty good. Omelettes, bacon, several coffee choices (hot!), waffles, fruit...but what really impressed us was the woman attending to the breakfast room. She was very polite, had a nice sense of humor, but most importantly she kept it well-stocked and spotless. (Sometimes these buffets can get pretty cruddy after the morning stampede rolls
through.) All in all a very satisfying hotel experience for the weary traveller (who got chased off the Interstate by the manic stress of the post 4th of July weekend traffic). Sometimes we make the right choice.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Port Arthur, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked this hotel online for a business meeting I had in the area and like most of you know that can be pretty scary because you don't know what you might be walking into. Anyway, drove up hotel looked good (CHECK). Walked in looks pretty nice (CHECK). Walked up to the counter and the receptionist was very pleasant and had great sense of humor (CHECK) thank you Jennifer for the great hospitality. Finally made it to my room although it seemed like the had just finished remodeling because the odor of paint still lingered It was ok. My room was clean, my linens were fresh and the bed was comfortable. Again, great hospitality...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Allen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We really liked this hotel for out of town wedding guests and at first the staff seemed friendly enough to accommodate all our needs but as the time grew closer to the dates, it became difficult to book and secure rooms (even though we rented over 30 rooms total) and work with them on the venue and meeting room for the Rehearsal dinner. The rooms themselves are comfortable and nice, so it's a nice place to stay unless you need more than a one night or more than a hotel usually offers. For reunions, weddings or other special events, my advice is to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Nice suites
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Holt, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I wasn't going to review, but they asked for my honest opinion. Room 412. The hotel smelled damp in the hallways, there were silverfish traps in my room (google this bug if you don't know what they are), I found a couple small ones in a towel that I left on the floor overnight. The paint on the ceiling was peeling, the floor tile in the bathroom was cracked and sharp edges stuck up to cut your feet on, and every "pet friendly" hotel I've ever stayed in has a little barking dog in the next room over. The hotel across the street was full, so this was my only choice- My employer was paying the bill so I stayed, but at $110 a night I'd have slept in my car that night before I opened my own wallet.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is next to dog owners before you commit, and check the room before you unload your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

When I booked the hotel I fully expected to leave after 1 night. How could a decent hotel be under $60.00 a night? Boy was I surprised! It was a beautiful clean comfortable hotel. Even better the staff was amazing! Very professional, very friendly. I had a dog with me - yes it is a pet friendly hotel - and he cried the first day we were there. The staff called me with concern for him not anger. They were so helpful and kind! Then I left something at the hotel and they searched until it was found and shipped it to me. I will always stay at this site when I am in the area. In fact, I have had diamond status for 8 years with Hilton and now the first place I look to book a hotel is at the Comfort Suites web site. Believe me, this hotel and their staff are stars in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013
Comfort-W, Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Even our 4 legged guests are important to us. We take great pride in making sure every one is taken care of and happy the very best we can.
Dripping Springs, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The guy working the front desk clerk working the evening shift (4/12/13) after 6pm was an argumentative buffoon. We booked months in advance and requested an upper floor. He essentially took it upon himself to move us to a room across the lobby and directly across from the breakfast area. When we realized that we were not in a room on an upper floor I decided to ask him why. He became very defensive and claimed another person in our group requested a room near us and as such he had to move us to accommodate them. The logic behind this thinking still boggles my mind. Simply put I merely asked him why and he became extremely argumentative and defensive. You don't do that in the hotel industry and expect to continue to fill your property with guests. To make a long story short he told us there were no other rooms available. I told him I wanted to speak with the GM and suddenly he remembered a room on the upper floor. He did warn us that there were truckers on that floor. Not sure why as I found the floor to be extremely quiet. The only oddity I observed was the young man who was sitting on the floor at the end of the corridor. He was there all day long and I believe all night as well. I stay at hotels on an average of 150 nights per year and I don't know of any of them that would allow someone to sit in the corridor and play on his phone all day. You either go to your room or get out of the hotel. We typically stay at Westin and Marriott but in Waxahatchie your choices are entry level hotels. The property was clean but access was a bit odd. The other employees were quiet friendly but it was too little too late. Should I travel there again, I'll make the drive from Dallas and stay at a professionally run hotel.

Room Tip: Drive from Dallas.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed a few nights with friends and it was really nice. Steven and Jennifer were excellent! The room had a relaxing smell and it was very clean. It was my first time staying at Comfort Suites, but I would stay again because of this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!