“Had a great time” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple spent 4 nights at Comfort Suites from May 16th-20th. We were there for the Scarborough Renaissance Festival. We traveled from Lexington Ky.
The front desk was always helpful...Props to Jamie! :) The rooms were very clean, beds were comfy. We always love the fridge and microwave in Comfort Suites.. Not much water pressure in the shower, but that's a very small complaint... We only ate the breakfast one morning, but it was tasty... Scrambled and boiled eggs... Bagles, toast, juices, coffee, cereals, milk... it was nice. The pool was on the small side, but seemed clean, and had a small hot tub also. I would surely recommend this Comfort Suites!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip. After a 5 hour drive it was nice to have clean room to stay in. The bed was soft and a very nice rest. The staff were very nice and polite. It was a typical breakfest. I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed in many Comfort Suites and this one was just as nice as any before. The rooms were spotless.... the linens were soft.... even the carpet was clean. Everything about the hotel was nice. The breakfast was OK..... there was a good selection for a free breakfast.

My only negative comment is that the day before I was to arrive I received a call saying that there was a "problem with my reservation." The girl explained that a group who stays with them often decided to stay an extra night therefore my room was given to one of them and the Comfort Suites has made a reservation for me in another hotel for the same price.
I explained to the girl that this was not going to be satisfactory becausse I made my reservation weeks in advance and was traveling with a group and we preferred to stay at the same hotel.
She "spoke with her manager" and decided that everything would remain the same and I would be allowed to keep my room at the Comfort Suites.
Now I have also traveled and changed my mind about my length of stay but the hotel informed me, as they should, that my current room was booked to another guest and I would have to change to a different room (going from a suite to a single) if I wanted to stay another day.
That's how this situation should be handled.
Other than that.... all was fine. It's not the easiest hotel to get to because of the location but it's the one you should pick in Waxahachie.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first experience at a Comfort Suite Hotel. There were a couple of issues, but overall it was a good stay.
Our refrigerator was not cooling properly and the hot tub was out of service. Besides that, the staff was friendly and welcoming. The morning breakfast was also pretty good. Great Blueberry waffles. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious.
I do plan on coming back, in the next few weeks .
I know that they are working on the couple of issues that I brought to their attention.
I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at three different hotels while here and by far this was the best. Gentleman at desk matched the price I was given online and so helpful. Complimentary breakfast. Pool was very dirty. Could of been covered. Miss traps were in the staircase so found that word to see. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly good location. Quiet and good food.

• Stayed January 2013
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

At arrival we we received a very genuine welcome. During the stay all of the staff members were pleasant and helpful. The room was excellent, breakfast bar had basic items but a very good choice of items. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was everything I expected: clean, quiet, simple and comfortable. The bed was great, the room was large and very comfortable, I didn't hear a peep from my neighbors, and it was a great price. Restaurants/shops are 1-2 miles down the road, so you'll probably want a car. The free breakfast is an added perk: cereal, pastries, yogurt, that kind of thing.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!