“CR England Student” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“CR England Student”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am a CR England student and have been here for a Month. All of the staff has made me feel at home here. I have had some minor problems with misunderstanding but was fixed in a timely and professional manor. I would say this is one of the friendly hotels I have stayed in. Waxahachie is a cute little town with great people and everything you could need is in walking distance. I hope to stay here again on my own dime! FYI Customer service goes both ways and if you cannot respect other than other will not respect you! I hope this is helpful. Thank you

Room Tip: I was moved two times in this hotel to consolidate student and all the rooms were great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
National Harbor, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have had nothing short of what felt to be room service at the comfort suites during my stay. The General Manager Charity along with her staff to include Debra; the CR England Student Relations Manager for the hotel have gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and friendliness.

As far as breakfast goes, no it is not in the contract for us students to be provided with the complimentary breakfast, but as another "guest" put it, CR England has thousands of students filtering in and out of this hotel on a weekly basis. It would be impossible for the hotel to tried to satisfy the breakfast demand of each and every student on a daily basis. Moreover the comfort provides breakfast beginning at 7 am, by that time we students are already loaded on the buses and situated at school.

Now let's talk about housekeeping, the beds are turned twice a week, where as trash is collected daily. Let's just say you come back from school and notice your trash is overflowing a simple phone call to the front desk solves that issue. On to the rooms, I belive the rooms are well maintained and are quite comfortable.

I'm sitting here reading some of these reviews and am finding it hard to believe that they are completely accurate as far as no house keeping, no clean towels, linen and when you requested them they had no response for you??? I've been here about 3 weeks now and have yet to have a problem they did not resolve. Now This A/C bologna!!!!! the lobby is cool, it's not going to be ice cold, it has to be set at a level that is comfortable for guests and employees, now you're room you can have it set to artic blast if your little heart desires.

Now I understand my stay does not reflect the experience of each and every guest, but I would have to say it would be a long shot to say that the staff does a complete 180 for each and every guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight while attending a wedding in the area. The room was beautifully decorated, and it had a spacious layout. Plenty of room to store stuff. Neat little cabinet for the microwave and fridge, handy roll-out table underneath the flatscreen TV, and a very roomy bathroom. The hotel is near the highway, but it is extremely well-insulated, and we heard no highway noise. We also had no issues with overhearing guests in nearby rooms, which was nice.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast set-up was terrific, with the exception of what appeared to be some neatly folded, rectangular scrambled eggs or more likely, an egg product. They were stacked inside a steam tray and were neither warm nor tasty. I don't feel these "eggs" were necessary, because hard-boiled eggs were also available. Breads included biscuits & gravy; toast; bagels; danish and muffins. Also available were three types of cold cereals;make-your-own Texas-shaped waffles; yogurt; & hot cereals. The buffet was well-stocked during our visit.

Some minor details prevented me from giving this property a 5-star rating. The cold, folded eggs, as I've already mentioned. The elevator was excruciatingly s-l-o-w. The hotel only has four floors, but it took no less than five minutes to get from our 4th floor room to the lobby; I know because I timed it! Much too slow for such a small property. The bed was comfy to me, but the surface of the mattress was quite uneven. Not sure if it was due to a mattress cover being used and worn, or if the mattress itself needed to be flipped. I slept fairly well, but my husband did not, and he is typically a sound sleeper.

Also, upon arrival, we found three guests in our room--silverfish were scurrying behind the sofa and up the wall. This property is fairly new, so that may be the reason why these little guys were lurking, but it wasn't the greeting which we were hoping to receive.

The pool area looked small but nice and clean. We did not have a chance to use it during our stay. There was no restaurant, but plenty are located nearby. Also, no room service so I did not rate it.

Nonetheless, we got a good rate and were quite pleased overall with our stay. We would recommend this hotel to friends, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Waxahachie, TX can be summarized in one word, average. This hotel is a classic "one night only" hotel for a wiery road traveler. The rooms are mostly clean but do not have the same "clean feel" of the more well-maintained Comfort Suites properties. Check in was smooth, but I immediately felt the "warmth" of the lobby and hallways. It was 78 degrees outside and they apparently did not have the air conditioning turned on for the hallways and lobby. The humid, warm air in the hallways made you hurry to the room and find the air conditioning switch. The room was your typical Comforts Suites layout with a fairly comfortable bed. My stay was for two nights, and after a long day in the Texas sun I returned to a room that looked just like I left it that morning. Absolutely no maid service, no clean towels, and no explanation. I contacted the night manager who apologized for the inconvenience and offered to clean the room himself. Since I was leaving early the next morning I declined his offer and simply took care of it myself. I would recommend this hotel only if you need a short, overnight stay. The room rates are on par with the quality of this property and you get pretty much what you pay for.

Room Tip: Groups tend to congregate in the small downstairs lobby area so chose an upper floor to avoid the cr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Everything about this Comfort location was outstanding. The suite was truly spacious. The bed was one of the most comfortable we can recall outside our own bedroom. The staff was friendly and helpful for check-in and check-out, in helping me with Internet and printer use, and in seeing that the breakfast buffet with hot and cold food choices was ready a quarter-hour before the announced time. By the way, I've discovered the Choice folks usually don't charge for making routine copies on the printer, in contrast with some other chains where we've stayed.

This location is also handy to the less-traveled way to the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (Route 287).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Having sayed in a few hotels I was not sure what to expect at this one as I had never heard of them before. But they surprised me, the rooms were clean, well done and nice layout.
But most of all they were clean, and this is a new hotel so everything was new.

Nice staff too...free breakfast.

Room Tip: The have several discount plans including military rate. Ask for one
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Springfieldm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION CORPORATE ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR England is a trucking company that does "THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS" with this hotel on a weekly basis.

These people (staff & owners) at the hotel "DO NOT" provide breakfast for this company, neither clean their rooms everyday. Now, I can understand not physically cleaning their rooms everyday because they are there for long periods of time, but the least this hotel could do is offer these people room service with their trash being taken out daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They treat these students and employees of CR England like they are "trash" the rooms are not free the Corporate office of CR England pays for these rooms on invoice so, "Why" are these people being treated like the rooms are free and they are homeless individuals who need the help?

Now, to the staff of the front desk. The suppose to be General Manager named Charity has "NO Customer Service skills what so ever, I mean NONE!!! When the students go to her regarding a problem with her staff she blows it off as if her staff is right and everyone else is wrong.

The front desk clerk I am speaking on is name Jennifer (Jen). She is very unprofessional when addressing the CR England students and employees. Several of them have reported her to the suppose to be General Manager only to have nothing done regarding the way she address people.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE CORPORATE ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOUR LOOKING FOR TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS IS NOT THE HOTEL TO SEND UR STAFF TO!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!