“It was totally Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lillian Farms Country Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Lillian Farms Country Estate
You added Lillian Farms Country Estate to your Saves list
12570 Fm 1155 East, Washington, TX 77880   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Washington B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“It was totally Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

In a matter of one phone call, Barbara helped us plan a private wedding ceremony, a romantic weekend for our honeymoon, and I immediately fell in love with the charm of this woman and her home!
She helped me with every detail, she offered suggestions, and gave great advice.
When we finally arrived (only two weeks after that first phone call) we were welcomed as old friends into this wonderful place!
Barbara hugged us and helped us get ready for our wedding.
Tyler introduced himself and with his sweet genuine smile - he became our on the spot photographer! We were overwhelmed with the generosity of this family.
We were comfortable, and VERY well fed!! The breakfast was incredible each morning, and there was even Blue Bell Ice Cream in the fridge for a midnight snack!
Barbara even made arrangements to have a local masseuse company come to the Ranch to pamper us!
The home is beautiful. The grounds are fantastic, and the horse barn - unreal!!
What a treat this weekend was - we were spoiled from the moment we were greeted at the gate. We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We had our wedding party & close family stay at Lillian Farms the night before our wedding (which was also on the beautiful grounds of the Bed and Breakfast). I could not have asked for a more amazing wedding location. The owner and staff was more than willing to help (joyfully!) set up for the wedding and change things for me as many times as I could change my mind about location and details leading up to the main event. Even though the bluebonnets didn't bloom in bulk this year, the grounds and gardens were more than enough beautiful scenery for an outdoor wedding ceremony. All of my wedding guests loved the location! It was the perfect place to start our lives together. The decor was charming Texas hill country theme, the stable was clean and inviting, and the ballroom made the perfect reception area with a great view of the grounds.
Overall A++ place to stay for a true southern hospitality experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Overall, I was very disappointed with my stay. Overall the décor was overly Christen and very off-putting for me. I addition, I had to ask for a key to my room several times. Others that were staying with me never received keys. I find it very disconcerting to have to work so hard to obtain a key to my room. In addition, my room, the Garden View Room, was cramped in the bedroom and bathroom. The box spring was smaller than the mattresses for the bed and made for a very unstable bed. In addition, the foyer room did have a little kitchenette, but the spacing of the area was very odd. It was surely not worth $168.37 (including tax). The grounds were not well maintained and had poison ivy and fire ants, and appeared a bit in disrepair. In addition, I was not impressed with breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
lillianfarms12570, Owner at Lillian Farms Country Estate, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
We are saddened and appalled to have revieved such a negative review from a guest that attended a wedding here at Lillian Farms. We have contacted the wedding party to discuss this review and to make sure that they did not feel the same way. We were assured that everyone with the bridal party and their guests were completely happy with Lillian Farms.
After discussing this review with my staff, I was assured that ant poison was put out two days before the event and to make sure the area around the house was safe for our guests. We have 232 acres here and we only put ant poison on the 3 acres surrounding the house. As for asking for the room key, the entire house was rented by either family members or close friends and we are sorry that we were busy taking care of the wedding party and did not have the key in the door as we usually do for our guests.
Lastly, I am deeply disappointed that a guest would be unhappy with a plaque I have in my den reffering to the lord. In the past 10 years I have been in business, I have never had one guest refer to my personal items in my den as a inconvenience to their stay with us. I have been careful not to express my views on Christianity in any of my guests rooms, but since this is my home and God does live here, those items are displayed for me.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I travelled with my colleague to Houston. Having come from a conference in a big city, we decided that we would want something more authentic and ended up at Lillian Farms. From the first telephone call, it did not disappoint. We intended to stay three nights but unfortunately the first night was fully booked. Not knowing Texas at all (coming from Ireland), I just asked Tyler to "sort us" somewhere else for the first night and Tyler did that.

All in all, Lillian Farms was very impressive and stately like but one felt like one was at very much at home. The driveway up to the house is 3/4 mile long so you really feel like you are going somewhere. The house itself is just fabulous. All of the staff get 10 out of 10 for friendliness and helpfulness. Barbara the owner is a great hostess. I particularly enjoyed sitting on the veranda overlooking the wonderful farm drinking a glass of wine and discussing life.

If you get a chance to to go Lillian Farms, grab it. You will not regret it! I have already recommended it to many people back in Dublin.

Room Tip: A wonderful place just to relax
Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

My colleague found Lillian Farms on the Internet and wanted a rural Texan experience for a change of scenery. Lillian Farms did not disappoint. Located 11 miles outside Chappell Hill/40 miles outside College Station, this ranch is beautiful. It's situated on acres of greenery and is an oasis of calm. It's owner and host Margaret is a lovely lady and her staff warm and friendly including the chef Christopher. Our two evenings were spent sipping wine on the terrace porch watching the sun go down.

My only issue was that Lillian Farms provide breakfast only. Dinner is not an option and after travelling for a long period, this is its biggest downfall. The neraest restaurant is about 10 miles away so be prepared to drive a lot. However the chic, beautifully decorated rooms and ranch sure make for a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This was our second visit to this beautiful bed and breakfast. This time we brought our two daughters. It is so relaxing and beautiful! Barbara, Ty and rest of the staff are outstanding. They made us feel right at home. The house is beautiful and the rooms are large and lovely decorated!! We can't wait to visit again!!!!

Room Tip: Book Early!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Perfect location for Antiquing weekend in surrounding areas and Round Top Antiquing. Peace and quiet with breathtaking views, sunsets and comfortable surroundings. Definitely worth the drive through beautiful countryside to come as a guest and leave as a friend. Plan on becoming a regular at this slice of heaven!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Lillian Farms Country Estate? Share your experiences!