“Great Time with Family!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Star Jellystone Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waller
Lone Star Jellystone Park
You added Lone Star Jellystone Park to your Saves list
34843 Betka Road, Waller, TX 77484 (Formerly Lone Star Yogi)   |
Cypress, Texas
“Great Time with Family!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I, and our two little girls ages 6 mos, and 2 1/2 at the last minute decided to try this place out, despite some of the reviews below. I must say, we had a GREAT time! So much stuff to do, and everything was clean and organized. We will definatley be back. The only "negatives" The golf-cart rental was a must for how big this place was, and $70 per day is a little steep. Also, we were granted an extra day of stay due to poor weather the night before, and some of the staff seemed very unhappy the front desk did this. One lady in the craft center was complaining of this in front of my wife and daughter. But I can not pin that experience and say it was bad overall. Kids were in heaven there, and couldnt be more happy with the experience. Will be returning. Water park was AMAZING!

**For the people complaining in these other reviews, these are probably the same people that complain everywhere and anywhere they go. Go experience for yourself!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ddocktx, Owner at Lone Star Jellystone Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to serving you even better in the future!

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were scheduled to stay at lonestar yogi for two nights... you couldn't have paid me to stay there a second night so we forfeited our $150 to hurry home and get a shower. We rented a Cindy cabin in the pines, I did my reservation online and read my entire confirmation email. Check in was really easy, however when we arrived to our cabin there were not any sheets. I called the front office and was told I could rent them! So I paid $150 a night for a cabin and now I need to rent my sheets? That's right folks - $30 later we had rented sheets - and they mean a sheet, nothing else. We made our way down to the water area. One bonus is there are not really any lines (on a weds) but you may not want to get in the water. It smells and looks murky - the whole place is a disaster as you try to navigate around half empty beer cans and used band aids. This place needs a serious scrub down. The kids enjoyed the water part - but only for an hour or two, it is very tiring the amount of stairs necessary to climb to the top of the slide. We made our way over to the play area with tubes, etc. 10 minutes into that ordeal a kid noticed a baby had pooped at the end of the slide. In the time I was trying to get my kid out of there I watched another kid step in the poop so I am sure it was drug throughout the place. The entire place is filthy. The cabin was okay but after seeing everything else I really doubted the cleanliness of any of the dishes, etc that were in the cabin. You can also rent a golf cart for $73 a day! Everyone was riding around on golf carts, we did not rent one - we are an active family. The people on golf carts could have really used some exercise and should have opted to walk. I wish I would have listened to the reviews. Even my kids (both 8) asked to leave which is incredibly rare. Don't waste your money on this dump!!!

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Yes, during the summer on the weekend the park is at 100% capacity but even at its fullest we still had a fabulous weekend. The kids had so much fun and I really feel like they are safe there. We let them ride their bikes around our camp area. We got a spot by the pools where we could see everything and just watched them have a blast while we did too! The activity center was great relief from the sun. They are building a bigger one which will be awesome! They have a new lazy river which was great and a small kids splash pad which was absolutely adorable! There is a great slide for big kids including adults and a great family water slide (BUT, they defiantly need to get some kind of lift for the large heavy 4 person tube you have to carry up 10 flights of stairs. My shoulders and neck are so sore from me and my cousin who is also female having to carry this tube, this part was ridiculous!) all in all great ride but not worth the work. We had a full pull through site, also rented a golf cart which is a must, the kids and adults like it. My husband didn't bring his fishing pole but people were fishing and catching a few small fish. This is a great experience for the kiddos. My 3.5 year old and 8 year old niece loved it. My advice is to go during the week when it is 50% occupied just because it will be even better, and probably just more chilled out and relaxing. But either way, this place is cool! Just a tip, the resturant by the pool is very reasonable. They have whole pizzas for $10. That's great for lunch by the pool. I'm just saying this because we went and braught all kinds of food and ended up brining most home. There is a store that has everything too, including s'more fixings, beer and wine, wood,ice, fire starters, and really everything you could ever need, and not too over priced. Be careful brining your kids in there. They will want everything! Cute store! Have fun!

Room Tip: Go during the week. Remember you are camping. Great for kids! Rent a golf cart at the time you mak...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thrilled to hear that you had a great time! That's what we strive for with all our guests.
We hope to see you back again soon.
September is a great month to visit as it's not as hot & not as busy.
Thanks again.
Tyler, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second trip to Lone star Yogi. There were 9 of us with 3 kids ages 5; 9; and 11. The cabins are reasonable most w a full kitchen and a great loft that the kids enjoy. The only thing I can complain about here is the matress comfort.... bring an eggcrate. The waterpark is incredible for the price. It includes a pool, lazy river, splash area for toddlers, big splash area for small kids with a few slides, and two big slides that most ages can ride.( Youngest of ours rode two years ago at almost 4 years old and was a bit scared.) The newest of the two slides is a four person ride and could suite any ages rider. It was closed the first two days we were there, but after speaking w the owner and pool manager they fixed the issue and we were able to enjoy it the last two days. There is no tube excalator thingy yet so be prepared to carry the four person tube up 76 steps. Worth it I promise! They serve food and drinks at the pool. Even beer and margaritas. There is a nice sized pond that our kids caught 10 fish out of. We had a "wet hay ride" with water guns. Whatever you do dont forget the bikes!!!!! Plenty of roades to ride on and all campers were good to watch out when driving to and from camp. Worse time toride us at checkin and checkout; but this is good water park time. There is a craft building, outdoor theater, and jungle gym. One bathroom per cabin but public showers and restroom are available. The newer ones are cleaner and smell better than the older ones which are located close tothe jungle gym. There is a laundry facility also. Putt putt golf and arcade are available. Plenty to do. My suggestion is a three night stay. We loved our trip. We will be back again next year!!!

Room Tip: The smaller cabins have bigger kitchens. Those that sleep ten are a hallway kitchen.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glad you had such a great time!
We really work hard to supply quality comfortable mattresses.
Can you let us know which mattress you found uncomfortable?
Thanks again for the great review?
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Prepare to spend a lot of money up front and they rest of the time too. Prepare to sign a waiver once you get there (after you ve paid your non-refundable fees in full), to sign a waiver releasing them of any liability - even their own negligence! Prepare to not have cable TV, slides not to work, cabin to be dirty (dead roaches) and staff to be rude! Prepare to spend a lot and leave PISSED OFF and ripped off!!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This past weekend my wife and I had the pleasure of taking our grandkids (ages 7 & 5) in our Coach to Lone Star Yogi. When we arrived, on Friday afternoon, it didn’t take long for use to get checked in at the guard house. After a couple minutes of paperwork at the guard house the lady attendant directed us to our RV site. This was the first person from the park I had interaction with and she set the bar high with her contagious smile and friendly attitude.
We had a nice full hookup site which we pulled right through and after a couple minutes were connected to the utilities and ready for exploring. When I booked my reservation the lady I spoke with suggested that I rent a golf cart since I had younger kids. I did and was glad I did. With the grandbabies loaded on the golf cart our first order of business was to recon the whole area and plan our weekend.
We saw giant water slides and the kids were amazed at watching people slide down them. They have a nice water park with a shallow pool and slides and more kid stuff in it. There were a couple pools. One was their adult pool (which we only saw and didn’t get to enjoy because of the grandbabies) and then a pool in the main waterpark area. We could see a lot of concrete construction going and found out they are completing a lazy river with a kids splash playground in the middle. I wish we had been able to enjoy this with the kids, but it wasn’t scheduled to open for another week or so.
A quick trip back to the Coach to get the beach towels and we were soon wading through the water zone with the grandbabies. I noticed a lot of red shirts intently watching the water areas. These were the pool attendants and they seemed to have good control over the masses in the pool and water area. When the train whistle blew I learned quickly that you don’t stand under the big picnic basket area, since the whistle indicates the water is about to drench you. A couple hours passed quickly and it soon time to feed the kids.
The new mini-golf course has 18 holes and is a nice way to enjoy the evening after you have dinner. The kids had fun and yet I found the green layouts to be a little challenging, so I enjoyed myself as well. A movie was scheduled to show on their outdoor theater, but the kids were tired so we enjoyed s’mores over our campfire instead.
Breakfast always taste better when camping and Saturday morning’s was no different. The kids were able to get this picture taken with Yogi Bear at the Pledge of Allegiance. It was time to head to the craft center to make something for mom and dad. Our grandson painted a T-Shirt for his dad and our granddaughter painted a ceramic for her mom.
We found more construction at the craft area. We were told the new area was a 5 thousand sq ft Activity Center. It will be a nice place once complete. The kids signed up for karaoke and then it was back to the water park. It was a little more crowded on Sat. at the water park but with patience we found a couple loungers and settled in for the afternoon.
Our Sat. night was the kids taking their turn at Karaoke and then fresh popcorn from the Concession cart while we watched the movie. The Kids got a little restless so we headed back to the Coach for a campfire. Even after we put the kids to bed and sat by the fire, the park seemed peaceful. I know the park was full of kids, but in the evening they weren’t running around like wild people.
Having pancakes for Sunday morning and having some else cook them is a win-win for me. We stuffed ourselves with pancakes and finished just in time to ride the Jellystone Express. The J.E. is a cute, almost cartoon like train with several cars. You climb aboard and ride all over the park. It was a lot of fun.
We enjoyed another afternoon at the water park and then the kids had a tattoo airbrushed on. I knew this won’t be their mom’s favorite thing so of course I let the kids do it. That’s grandpa’s prerogative. We left on Sunday afternoon so we could spend Memorial Day with our family back in Shreveport.
All in all we had a great time. I felt very comfortable with my kids in the park. All the staff we met were very cordial and friendly. We are planning on bringing our grandkids back in July with their parents. We looked at a cabin for all of them so I can have my Coach just to grandma and me. Thank you Jellystone staff for a great time. I look forward to the new features in our next visit.

GySgt Kyle Osteen, USMC, Retired

Room Tip: If you have smaller kids make sure you rent a golf cart. It is so easy to load them up and get from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ddocktx, Owner at Lone Star Jellystone Park, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Osteen
Thanks for the kind words.
We're glad you all enjoyed our Jellystone Camp Resort!
We hope to see you again soon when our new Lazy River & Splashpad are open!
Cypress, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spent mothers day weekend at the park. The entire water park went down. The only updates were us asking. The park did very little to compensate and for many guest did nothing. The park should have kept people informed, offered compensation, and made an effort to entertain. No yogi sightings, no train, no hayride. Absolutely nothing. Spoke to one employee Irene and was told we are using there facility and that should be enough. Completely disappointed. Every time we come there is an issue with the water park. Half of the time the slides aren't open. If you want a water park it could be amazing but dont for a second think you will get the full benefit its never happened.

Room Tip: Not at all what you pay for
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lone Star Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!