“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Waco
Edmond, United States
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Excellent food & service. Staff incredibly friendly and nice, Bed extremely comfortable-but room furnishings could be replaced with more user friendly furniture-chairs are hard and lack give. Hard to get comfortable when you are tired, and have traveled on a car trip all day. Still all in all, we would stay there again if we ever passed thru again. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Greetings,

Thank you very much for completing a review of your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our food, staff, and beds. I am sorry the furniture in your room did not provide you with the (much needed) comfort after a long drive. We hope to do some updates soon and I have noted the concern with the furniture.

We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you to this area in the future.

Jason Owens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I love this hotel! My son goes to Baylor and sometimes he needs a good night or two to get away from where he lives with a house of boys!!! I enjoy the food and room service as well. Alway, great staff and so welcoming!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback (and give me a laugh). I understand needing to get “away” for a few days when living with roommates. We truly appreciate you choosing the Hilton Waco to get away and relax with your family. We look forward to seeing you all the next time you are in town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving trip to Waco was nice. Free breakfast with certain rooms was awesome. This would be the way to go if on a tight budget. The arrival staff on duty was very friendly and it is hard nowadays to find a hotel with free parking. We stayed in this hotel for three days and had free breakfast all three days! On the second day of our stay, the maid forgot to put extra face cloths in room. Not all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. It would have been nice to not have to ask for one from the front desk, but they did say they would bring one up. Earlly morning on the last stay, people were talking in the halls for quite a while. Would gladly stay there again because of the value and my Hilton Honor points!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us over the Thanksgiving holidays.

I apologize we dropped the ball on getting extra face towels to you and will be working to ensure those types of things do not happen in the future. We are also working on getting refrigerators in all of our rooms.

Thank you for being a valued HHonors member. We look forward to having you and your family with us in the future.

Georgetown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I chose the Waco Hilton as a meeting point to meet with friends for the Thanksgiving holiday. We ate a very good Thanksgiving meal at the hotel and enjoyed the concierge lounge afterwards. We did have a problem with the TV in our room and the night desk manager told me the night engineer had been allowed to go home early and there would not be anyone to fix the TV problem. It took me three telephone calls to the front desk to learn we would be without TV entertainment. When we were told about the lack of the staff engineer we were offered to move to another room, but as it was after 9:00 by the time the offer was made and my wife and I were unpacked and in our night clothes we declined the offer of moving into another room. In the morning I shared the experience with the hotel manager and was compensated in full for the room cost and offered a complementary night's stay at a date in the future of our choosing. We will stay at the Waco Hilton again in the future.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide this valuable feedback. While I am glad we were able to take care of you, it should not have required more than one phone call or manager involvement.

We use this feedback to see what we are doing well and what areas we can improve on, so thank you for providing both. I am glad you, your family, and friends had an enjoyable Thanksgiving meal with us.

We look forward to seeing you and your wife the next time you are here.

Copperas Cove, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I actually work for a Hilton hotel and I got the team member discount plus an upgrade. The stay was lovely, the executive lounge was really nice and the tub was wonderful! I alway take a bath when I travel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Waco. Thank you for taking the time to write a review from a 'hotel insider.'

Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I expected better room...loose wires under air conditioner unit, carpet needed cleaning,lamp shade was burned, loose tiles in bathroom, no microwave ..... Waiter in restaraunt was too pushy, and a worker creeped up behind me and stood behind me in hallway at night as I put key in door. Really freaked me out, as I was a woman alone. The lobby is beautiful, and the convention center connected to the hotel was. The view of the Brazos River was wonderful. But I was disappointed, and not what I expected !!

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are sorry we did not meet (and exceed) your expectations. We are hoping to renovate our guest rooms soon. I appreciate you bringing up these concerns and will be working with our staff to address them. I am glad you enjoyed our lobby and surrounding scenery and hope we will be able have you as our guest in the future.

San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I don't recommend this hotel; even though I asked for a smoke-free room, it smelled badly of smoke. I also was approached two times in the parking lot by people asking for money. Finally, I felt this hotel was overpriced .. it is somewhat run down, but the price I paid was quite high ($150/night). I don't recommend this hotel ... it is not a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

On behalf of Hilton Waco I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced both in your room and outside of our hotel. We are anticipating being able to make upgrades to the hotel in the near future. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Waco? Share your experiences!