“Nice Holiday Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Waco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice Holiday Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving trip to Waco was nice. Free breakfast with certain rooms was awesome. This would be the way to go if on a tight budget. The arrival staff on duty was very friendly and it is hard nowadays to find a hotel with free parking. We stayed in this hotel for three days and had free breakfast all three days! On the second day of our stay, the maid forgot to put extra face cloths in room. Not all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. It would have been nice to not have to ask for one from the front desk, but they did say they would bring one up. Earlly morning on the last stay, people were talking in the halls for quite a while. Would gladly stay there again because of the value and my Hilton Honor points!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us over the Thanksgiving holidays.

I apologize we dropped the ball on getting extra face towels to you and will be working to ensure those types of things do not happen in the future. We are also working on getting refrigerators in all of our rooms.

Thank you for being a valued HHonors member. We look forward to having you and your family with us in the future.

Jason Owens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Georgetown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I chose the Waco Hilton as a meeting point to meet with friends for the Thanksgiving holiday. We ate a very good Thanksgiving meal at the hotel and enjoyed the concierge lounge afterwards. We did have a problem with the TV in our room and the night desk manager told me the night engineer had been allowed to go home early and there would not be anyone to fix the TV problem. It took me three telephone calls to the front desk to learn we would be without TV entertainment. When we were told about the lack of the staff engineer we were offered to move to another room, but as it was after 9:00 by the time the offer was made and my wife and I were unpacked and in our night clothes we declined the offer of moving into another room. In the morning I shared the experience with the hotel manager and was compensated in full for the room cost and offered a complementary night's stay at a date in the future of our choosing. We will stay at the Waco Hilton again in the future.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide this valuable feedback. While I am glad we were able to take care of you, it should not have required more than one phone call or manager involvement.

We use this feedback to see what we are doing well and what areas we can improve on, so thank you for providing both. I am glad you, your family, and friends had an enjoyable Thanksgiving meal with us.

We look forward to seeing you and your wife the next time you are here.

Copperas Cove, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I actually work for a Hilton hotel and I got the team member discount plus an upgrade. The stay was lovely, the executive lounge was really nice and the tub was wonderful! I alway take a bath when I travel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Waco. Thank you for taking the time to write a review from a 'hotel insider.'

Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I expected better room...loose wires under air conditioner unit, carpet needed cleaning,lamp shade was burned, loose tiles in bathroom, no microwave ..... Waiter in restaraunt was too pushy, and a worker creeped up behind me and stood behind me in hallway at night as I put key in door. Really freaked me out, as I was a woman alone. The lobby is beautiful, and the convention center connected to the hotel was. The view of the Brazos River was wonderful. But I was disappointed, and not what I expected !!

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are sorry we did not meet (and exceed) your expectations. We are hoping to renovate our guest rooms soon. I appreciate you bringing up these concerns and will be working with our staff to address them. I am glad you enjoyed our lobby and surrounding scenery and hope we will be able have you as our guest in the future.

San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I don't recommend this hotel; even though I asked for a smoke-free room, it smelled badly of smoke. I also was approached two times in the parking lot by people asking for money. Finally, I felt this hotel was overpriced .. it is somewhat run down, but the price I paid was quite high ($150/night). I don't recommend this hotel ... it is not a good value.

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

On behalf of Hilton Waco I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced both in your room and outside of our hotel. We are anticipating being able to make upgrades to the hotel in the near future. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.
Huntington, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I chose the Hilton as a full service hotel vs. other brands in the area. Boy, was I wrong. Upon arriving at the hotel there was no greeting or entry assistance with luggage. After requesting a bellman someone arrived who I don't think ever performed that function in his life. I reserved a club level corner king. I was told there were no vacancies on that floor despite my confirmation, however club access would be provided. Upon entering my room on the 10th floor I was overwhelmed with a most unpleasant smell. My daughter was late for an appointment so I took a few moments to assess the room and after she left decided to go to club level to speak with some other guests to see if the whole hotel was this bad. Needless to say the key was not programmed correctly, so down to the front desk I went to have the key programmed to access the top floor. There I explained my plight to the gal on duty who assured me there would be a better room. Sure enough the exact room I reserved was on the 11th floor. Why this room wasn't given to me the first time was a mystery. This room was in the same run down state but not as dirty or smelly. It was one night (I had to pay for two however since the hotel changed cancellation policy but I was not notified or was it reflected on the corporate site). The air conditioner/heater unit was a wall mount version that made a racket going on and off. The top sheet was stained and the plaster separated from the wall where there must have earlier been a leak. I'm going into such detail because I was swayed by other Trip Advisor reviews to give the Hilton a shot. It was a huge mistake. This site is is in a sad state and is in serious need of updating and renovation. Ms. Ruby by the way is wonderful!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying here in Waco.

I would like to apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. We strive to ensure our rooms are clean and comfortable and our staff is exceeding your needs. It certainly appears we fell short. I can confidently state that your room condition is certainly not commonplace and we will ensure our engineering team is notified to ensure these issues do not affect any future stays. I will also communicate to our guest service team about proper arrival procedures.

We appreciate your feedback - these comments only assist us in becoming a better property for our guests. Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will come back to visit for a much better experience!

-Michael Mahoney
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had an event at the convention center and switched hotels to the Hilton to be right next door to the event. Very friendly, professional staff. Extremely comfortable bed. Loved that the bathroom had a tub - hard to find in many hotels these days. Great location. Definitely would stay here again.

MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Good day -

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here in Waco!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the convention! We certainly appreciate the great comments regarding the comfort of your guest room and our staff! We hope that you will be able to join us again for your next meeting!

-Michael Mahoney

Been to Hilton Waco? Share your experiences!