This motel is conveniently located at IH35 and South Martin Luther King Jr Blvd/Lake Brazos Pkwy, at the Brazos River, which makes it close to Baylor, local museums and downtown Waco. It is accessible from the southbound frontage road of IH35 and from northbound lanes of South Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (heading toward downtown Waco, away from Baylor).
We were in their handicap room with a king bed, a non-smoking room. (They also have a handicap room with two double beds, which may have been next to ours.) There are two reserved parking spaces together, one being in front of our door. The spaces are not much wider than regular parking spaces. Our room was clean and may have had fairly new carpet and fresh paint (except for door frames). The only problem with odor is mentioned below, under “The Bad.” The refrigerator was a two door, with a separate freezer. It was obviously several years old, but worked just fine, as did the microwave and TV. There was plenty of room on both sides of the very comfortable bed and in the bathroom – I think someone in a regular-size wheelchair would not have too many problems in this room. The only chair provided was an executive-type desk chair with wheels. The bathroom had a separate bath bench that could be placed in the tub, if needed. We used it for extra seating when some friends stopped by to visit. The bathroom door is a pocket door, which was a nice touch I've not seen anywhere else. The wireless service worked great, but is unprotected. There was highway noise, but it wasn't bad and was mostly drowned out by the AC unit.
Service was great. I had forgotten to ask for extra sheets (needed for my son), and didn't remember until around 10pm. The staff member that assisted with this need was polite and friendly, even at that late hour. Their complementary breakfast was served from 7:30-10:30am. Breakfast Saturday morning was fruit, muffins, breakfast burritos, bread (toaster provided), and two types of flake cereals. Also, milk and coffee. There was also margarine and jelly for the toast, but no knives for spreading. Otherwise, they had everything needed. Considering the very reasonable room rates, this breakfast was quite sufficient.
- The parking space may not be wide enough for someone in a wheelchair.
- As someone else noted, the coffee decanter in the breakfast room appeared to not have been washed in quite some time.
- The TV remote didn't work. It didn't bother us, so I didn't report it to the office until we checked out.
- The light over the toilet and tub also has a fan that comes on when it is turned on – the fan makes the room smell sour. We didn't use that light. Otherwise, the room smelled fine.
- Temporary: construction going on very near the motel creating access road bridges across the river along I35, plus construction of a new stadium for Baylor university. More on that here: [--]
None of “the bad” things bothered us – but some people might want to know. The Victorian Inns Waco was a very nice place to stay at a very reasonable price. We would stay there again. I posted seven pictures - hope they are helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Red Roof Inn Waco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.