“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D's Mediterranean Grill

D's Mediterranean Grill
1503 Colcord Ave, Waco, TX 76707-2243 (Formerly D's Chicken Delight)
254-754-6709
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Waco, Texas, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place has the BEST food I've had while in Waco. Parking can be a problem and sometimes it takes awhile to get the food, but it is definitely worth the wait. :-)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great gyros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Med. Grill is a great place for fast Greek food. The gyros are excellent, but the salads and houmus run a close second. Fr4esh vegetables characterize the food and the meat for the gyros is good enough to eat by itself. Parking can be a problem and the restaurant is small. But any wait is worth it.

Visited May 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Unexecpted in Waco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was looking for a new place in Waco and read reviews about this place. It is definitely off the beaten path for the traveler passing through Waco, but worth the stop. The neighborhood might leave some feeling a bit uneasy, but when you go during the day it removes some of the nervousness.

The building itself is not elaborate and when you walk in you might wonder what kind of experience you are in for. I had they gyro platter with tabouli and hummus. The meat was good and I've found that meat from one Mediterranean restaurant to another doesn't change much. However, the sides and desserts are what make the difference. Both the tabouli and hummus were excellent!! They were flavorful and moist which was very nice. Many years ago I had a family member who went to Greece and learned to cook baklava from a family there. The recipe and the knowledge has been lost so I've been on a search for 15 years. I finally found what baklava should taste like ... moist, sweet, fully of nutty goodness ... not dry and pasty like most restaurants I've been to ... WOW!!!!

The service is the major downfall. When I arrived a woman was in front of me placing her order. In the middle of her order the phone rang and the woman at the front counter immediately switched her attention to the phone. ?!?!??!?! Leaving the poor woman in mid order. Once off the phone the woman at the front counter picked up with the in person customer. WOW ... not what I'd expect from any restaurant. I learned quickly and as soon as I stepped up I blurted out my order and not a minute to soon. She took my order, swiped my credit card and then the phone rang ... and I no longer had her attention. She never got me to sign the slip or even got back to me after the call. I decided I'd just go find a seat and see how the food was ... luckily it was worth the poor service!!

Summary - Go there for the food, but keep expectations lows about the neighborhood and the service :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“great fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food is amazing, fresh, healthy. The pita chips are delicious. The restaurant is super clean, the atmosphere is not why you go.

• Visited February 2013
Waco, Texas
“A little culture in Waco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great variety of Mediterranean dishes with good flavor. It's a little crowded during lunch time but the food and price is good

Visited March 2013