“Snicker cheese cake” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
College Station, Texas
“Snicker cheese cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A must try at Buzzard Billy's in Waco is their homemade Snicker Cheese Cake. Also enjoyed being near the lake while we eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“A Little Taste of the Bayou on the Brazos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Its a bit awkward getting to it due to the highway construction on I-35, but this restaurant is worth it if you're craving some Cajun fare. While it's not southern Louisiana on the Bayou, it's close enough for this transplanted customer to satisfy the craving. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual. We visited on a Sunday evening, and there wasn't a wait at all for a table. We had a table inside, but with a nice view of the Suspension Bridge at sunset.

A bit pricey for Waco, entrees are $12 and up, but the portions are large enough for two. The wait staff is great; our waiter had a lot of pleasant personality very attentive without being intrusive (or just plain annoying.) He was great. We did not have to wait long for our meal, either, and everyone enjoyed what they were served. I have never been served a bad meal here--catfish, etouffe, jambalaya....it's all good. I haven't tried the alligator, but dinner companions claim it is very tasty. I do highly recommend the Armadillo Eggs (it's jalapeno peppers, wrapped with chicken, and then everything is wrapped with bacon and fried.) Delicious. This dish doesn't really feature armadillo, but with this restaurant's menu, I wouldn't assume because they do have some unusual offerings for a Waco eatery.

Tip: If the weather is cooperative, ask to sit outside. You can watch the ducks, fish, and turtles in the river. A lot of people throw bread to them to eat.

The I-35 construction is inconvenient, but not permanent, so you shouldn't let that deter you from eating here. I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crossett
“Great food with great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped at Buzzard Billy's and had a great meal after a long hot afternoon at the zoo. The service was some of the best we have experience. The menu is extremely diverse and the food was exceptionally good. I had Shrimp Gabrielle and it was everything the server promised! The homemade cheesesticks are among the best we have ever eaten! Inside or outside eating with a great view of the Brazos River. The banannas foster are best than those found at famous spots in New Orleans. Cold beer and lots of refills for delicious sweet tea make a great place!

Tyler, Texas
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We snuck in late, but they were still eager to serve us a wonderful cajan meal! Love the location and the layout of the restaurant. Food was great even though they were shutting down the kitchen. Wouldn't recommend a margarita though (mine was nasty).

Farmersville, Texas
“Worth fighting the construction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Due to construction, we got turned around twice trying to get to the parking lot. However, this restaurant was more than worth it! The atmosphere is fun, we were seated quickly even in the midst of the dinner rush. The server we had was excellent and the food was too! I had the shrimp po boy and it was absolutley delicious!!! I'm not sure what the sauce was it was incredible. I recommend this sandwhich but would love to try some of the other dishes too! I did not have any of the drinks but several in my party had them and they raved at how good they were.