“Great business lunch and Burger” 4 of 5 stars

254-756-2522
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 309 Restaurants in Waco
“Great business lunch and Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great atmosphere and a really good hamburger. One of my favorite downtown eating places.

Plus they have all you can eat on Sunday's at lunch.

Visited May 2014

“Awesome Sunday Fried Chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This recently opened restaurant does not need time to "get it right" even though it hasn't been open for very long. Most restaurants take a few months to perfect their dishes. This restaurant has Sunday Home style Lunch perfected!!!

My husband and I ordered fried chicken with all the home style sides that took me back to Sunday's at Grandma's. The sides that come with the fried chicken were mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cream style buttery corn, and black eyed peas served with warm rolls and cornbread. VERY YUMMY!

My sister-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law ordered the chicken fried steak. My sis-in-law says her chicken fried steak wasn't the best she's ever had, but it was good. My brother-in-law said his was pretty good, but had to use a knife to cut it instead of just a fork. My second brother -in-law said it was good but it had more crust than the meat could meet.

We all agreed the home style vegetables were excellent. All also agreed our salads were good.

The owner came by and thanked us, and chatted a bit.

The decor is very nice, We asked for a bigger table and even though there was a larger one available, we were not given that larger table. The young hostess told us she had to save it for a larger group of 6 or 7. We have a few large guys in our group, and the biggest guy did not eat comfortably because the table was "too far away" and had to keep bringing his plate up towards his chin in order to get it to his mouth. By the way, the larger table was not filled while we were there.

Overall, the food was really good, the service was good, and the only draw back was we asked to be accommodated just a bit by getting a bigger table, and we were told no.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Central Texas
“Elvis has left the building but he came back for the Chicken Fried Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The menu is pretty much you average family style menu, chicken fried steak, catfish etc served with standard Texas sides served Family Style. You have to go on a night when Elvis is appearing. It makes for a very fun outing for old and young alike.

Visited September 2013
Waco, Texas
“Nice, Go-To Option for sit-down lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love their broccoli salad. I like to go there for lunch. For vegetarians - get the patty melt with mushrooms instead of meat. Ooey-Gooey goodness. I go when I need a treat so I can indulge in the strawberry cake or banana pudding.. Just delicious.

Visited February 2014
McGregor, Texas
“Now serving breakfast - Lots of different menus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Jakes is now servicing breakfast. We visit alot for dinner, we like that menu the best. The have different menus for lunch and dinner. We LOVE the tableside TWISTED caesar salad. The dressing is very good! I really like the Pollo Loco. It's grilled chicken topped with cheese and slices of fresh avocado. Family-style veggies on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Rance is our favorite waiter. He is extremely attentive and now remembers our order when we walk in.
The banana pudding and chocolate dream is incredible!

• Visited February 2014