“Good, But Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 300 restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Ice Cream
“Good, But Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The custard is good, but too pricey. Due to that I may not go back. Other places are just as good and more affordable, and have a better variety of flavors.

70% Recommend
Nashville
“Really nice eating area. Covered picnic tables.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The custard was pretty good at this establishment but they only have two flavors (vanilla and chocolate). Still, simplicity might be key as they are able to focus their attention on toppings and customer service. Nice little place to grab a quick treat and the covered seating was a nice touch. Has a great 1950's feel to the location.

Visited April 2012
Waco, Texas
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Katie's is a unique Waco feature. It's a place that you need to try at least once. You have to be a huge fan to want to come again and again though.

Visited April 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Place to Stop in Waco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

If you are driving through Waco, TX, I would definitely make this my stop and stretch break. The frozen custard is amazing! They have a wide variety of things on their menu and you can put just about anything on or in your custard. It is a little pricey for what you get though. I would definitely pay the price for it though!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Deliciously Smooth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Driving up I35 on a warm June day, my husband and were in the mood for some cold ice cream. As we neared Waco, we pulled out our GPS to find a specialty ice cream shop. (No mixes for me.) Although the GPS led us through some obscure streets, we found Katie's just a couple of miles from I-35. It was a blast from the past with a covered picnic table area in front of a white walk-up building. The heat and quiet conversation of a few patrons relaxing while eating their cones brought back memories of soft ice cream stands of the 50's. The frozen custard did not disappoint. We indulged ourselves with the rich cold cream melting to just the right consistency to enjoy the full flavor.

Finding ourselves near Waco again in July, we were filled with anticipation of the richness awaiting us. Another hot day...another creamy cold custard...deliciously smooth. It brought bac, memories of the custard, that I called soft ice cream. In the ensuing years, my taste turned to the creamy hard ice cream, but Katie's reminded me that my first love was the rich, smooth ice cream soft enough to dig right in and cool you off on a scorching Texas summer day.

Katie also serves a variety of hot dogs, hambugers and cold drinks.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Katie's Frozen Custard? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Katie's Frozen Custard, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.