“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Waco
Tishomingo, MS
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I did not expect to have such a great stay in Waco Tx of all places. The staff is very attentive, the restaurant is outstanding, and the rooms are delightful! If you're going to be in Waco I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Our business is all about exceeding expectations and I'm very pleased you were impressed!
A General Manager is only as good as the people they surround themselves with and I'm blessed with an amazing team. Please say hello on your next visit so I can be sure to welcome you officially to the Hotel Indigo Family!

Daryl Barnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I enjoyed everything about Hotel Indigo- location, it's sleek modern style, amazing food & drinks, and most of all, it's awesome staff! Cy Long was a fantastic host and made my stay there most enjoyable, I can't wait to stay again! I recommend Hotel Indigo to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
The secret to our success is that we don't simply provide beds but whenever possible create a memorable experience for our guests. Thank you for sharing your own experience with all of our TripAdvisor readers!

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business and was very impressed! Arrived at night, and the hotel had a large well lighted parking lot. The lobby has a very bright, lively and modern appearance with a bar/restaurant area located in the main lobby, and large televisions for watching sporting events. Apparently the hotel was opened in 2012, but it looks brand new. My room was reasonably priced at around $149 + TTL. All of the hotel staff I encountered were amazingly friendly and seemed to truly want to make my stay enjoyable. I lucked out for some reason and was upgraded to a suite (Room 236) which was really like a small apartment. A living room and entertainment area with a separate bathroom, and the bedroom had double sinks, a large jacuzzi, and walk-in shower with two shower heads. There was also an outdoor porch with seating! Everything was very nice and clean. I was amazed at how bright and modern the hotel seemed. The hallways were wide and well lit. A friend stayed in regular room and said it was equally nice. Had breakfast in the lobby and it was very good. Although they were busy, the staff was friendly and hustled. The most expensive thing on the breakfast menu was $8.50. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. It is located just across I-35 from Baylor University. Short of a truly high-end hotel like the Four Seasons, I have not seen a nicer hotel for the price, with such friendly staff, in quite a long time. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Waco!

Room Tip: The suite I had (Room 236) was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Most people viewing our Web-Site would believe we are a resort or leisure hotel based on the beautiful design and amenities but in reality 70% of our business is business and corporate travel.
From 1 night to 50 our business travelers enjoy complimentary wi-fi, our 24 hour business center and fitness area, large well appointed rooms with pillow-top mattresses and an amazing Bistro & Lounge area to unwind after a long day! I'm very happy you had the opportunity to experience one of our Parlor suites which are always in high demand especially with those in town for Baylor University events. Our family of employees here aim to please and will always honor your requests with a smile!

Thank you again for your kind words!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in 100's hotels and this place rates next to the BEST! The ambiance was like being in a cheek hotel in Miami or Vegas ! Mirage at the front desk started off the experience and from the PLUSH décor or to the awesome bed , everything was SPOT ON! Cy Long at the bar was so personable too! We were catered to and spoiled!

Thanks guys for making the night in Waco AMAZING! will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oh if we only had an ocean front property and palm trees.. Thank you so much for the Miami and Las Vegas comparison! Everyone that joins us comment "It's like walking into a breath of fresh air" Bright, vibrant colors, soothing contemporary, jazz like music and a staff with only one thing in mind and that's to deliver an amazing experience for all of our guests! On this visit you came into contact with two leading examples of why our Hotel Indigo in Waco Texas is the #1 ranked property in the brand. Both Meraj and Cy lead up our Management team and set the tone for the entire Family of employees working here. Enjoy an amazing specialty cocktail in our beautiful pool and patio area and imagine the splashing fountains are the waves lapping up on a Miami shoreline! :-)

Thank you for being such a wonderful Ambassador of our Hotel!

Daryl, Meraj and Cy
gecko831
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I really liked this hotel. New, clean, amazing shower, Aveda bath products, bar & restaurant, room service, pool & lounge area, walking distance to several restaurants. Staff was super friendly. I will definitely stay here when in Waco from now on.

• Stayed June 2014
Daryl B, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
There are hundreds if not thousands of nice new hotels being built around the world but what you'll find differentiates us is not only do we have a beautiful, modern and comfortable hotel that is inspired and supported by the IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group) but our amazing family of employees who day in and day out try to inspire you,a and who also realize our success is not based on how many customers we have but by how many new friends we make each and every day!
Share with us the pure joy expressed by our team by entering the search words (Happy Hotel Indigo-Daryl) on your lap-top or i-phone and see why this has become the hotel of choice for many people traveling to Baylor University and Waco Texas.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have to say that I've been wanting a reason to stay at the Hotel Indigo in Waco. It must have been the abundance of billboards along I-35 between Austin and Dallas that drew me in. I finally had the opportunity to stay here for a wedding recently. I have to say this hotel exceeded my expectations. One way you always know you are in a "good" hotel is that the staff are genuinely friendly and you can tell that they enjoy their job. This was evident with every encounter I had with Indigo staff.

This hotel is lavishly decorated and includes creative details that reflect the Texas/Waco area themes. Native plants, animals etc appear in many of the wall decorations and are tied in throughout the hotel. I really enjoyed the posh, minimalist creativity in this hotel. Beautiful.Great outdoor seating area to enjoy a cocktail. Bar area is a must. We had a great bartender(Thomas) that served us well into the night.

The rooms are outstanding. It is very rare that I stay a night in a hotel and wonder what type of mattress I am sleeping on and how do I get one. Everything about the bed made me want to stay well past the noon check out time...except for the fact that I forgot to close the blackout blinds!

Highlights: Keurig coffee maker in the room! Flat screen tv and beautiful furniture! Dark wood floors with accent rug. This place is gorgeous.

Bathroom: Outstanding decor again. Contemporary with slate floor and glass shower. Aveda toiletries to boot. And for the ladies! A fancy makeup mirror! I did notice a couple of downfalls in the bathroom area. Whomever did the painting for the hotel when it was built did a sloppy job. There was paint over one of the gorgeous tiles in the shower stall and they also painted over the light sockets. And for housekeeping....there was pink mold in the shower stall.

My only regret is that we couldn't stay another night. Next time I will take a dip in the pool and have dinner in the restaurant.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Our side of the hotel faced some type of industrial area but we weren...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
The Hotel Indigo of Waco-Baylor is not meant to simply be a hotel but an experience to be enjoyed! From the fresh contemporary design, the soothing blend of new age and jazz music to the delicious flavors and tastes you'll experience in our Brazo's Bistro. All your senses will be stimulated and then to be pampered with a family of employees who as you noticed, genuinely love their jobs all make for a great stay. Enjoy their on-line video (search words Happy Hotel Indigo - Daryl) and see up close the joy with which your team performs daily!
Your rooms will always be prepared with the best of amenities and always share your thoughts with us as to how we can create an even better experience for you on your next visit to the Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor!

General manager
Lorena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was a great hotel with all the amenities! Pool, sitting areas everywhere, restaurant or room service! Friendly staff! Can't wait to go back! Drinks r hand made and out of this world! Food was very good as well!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Our little Brazos Bistro & Lounge is a favorite destination of both travelers and locals alike! Michael, Thomas and Blake make some of the most refreshing and delicious specialty cocktails to be found!
People don't join us just for a place to sleep of a plate of food but rather to enjoy an experience!
Thanks for choosing us and our wonderful team of dedicated employees.

Daryl Barnes

Been to Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor? Share your experiences!