“Fabulous first visit with more to follow” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Waco
Austin, Texas
“Fabulous first visit with more to follow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Will gladly return not only because this is a beautiful boutique hotel unlike any other in Waco but also because of the great customer service.

The hotel –
I was delighted to find the Hotel Indigo on the web. The lobby of this newly built contemporary hotel has a hip, modern look and feel. While I don’t consider myself hip, I appreciated the ambiance. The posh queen beds are covered in crisp yet oh so comfortable European style linens with an off-white coverlet (I hope they do manage to keep them fresh looking after multiple visitors). The guest room’s tall ceiling gave the feeling of spaciousness without being cavernous. I liked that there is no carpet in the rooms except for a low pile area rug under the beds. Nice touches include: Keurig-style coffee maker with pods for regular, decaf and herbal tea and large walk-in shower with 2 in 1 shower system hand held sprayer.

Excellent customer experience –
We visited Baylor recently and stayed 2 nights. We arrived late the first night and were promptly checked in by friendly and professional staff. Car battery was dead the next morning due to a dome light being left on. With only 20 minutes until first meeting, asked front desk if they had a shuttle service to the university. Moments later we were on our way with Cy Long at the wheel. He dropped us off in front of our building with time to spare. Later that afternoon he picked us up and brought us back to the hotel. I had intended to call AAA but Cy kindly offered several times to provide a jump. It was over 102 degrees so I was especially impressed with his willingness to help when he could have easily let the AAA driver deal with it. Cy’s professionalism and courtesy earned the hotel a loyal customer. All staff members we encountered were friendly and courteous. We would have liked to have spent more time in the hotel experiencing the restaurant and pool but our schedule didn’t allow. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with children who love to swim, note the pool is more of a dipping pool (sm...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I wish we could take all the credit for the all the ambiance in the hotel. Fortunately, Hotel Indigo is a great brand. One who's design team works hard, along with the hotel developer, to insure each Indigo offers guests an out-of-the box experience.

Our staff is committed to uphold the standards set by the Indigo brand so more of our guest are 100% satisfied. I would like to suggest: Consider becoming a member of Priority Club so you can accumilate points towards free stays with us in the future when you visit Waco.

We look forward to your return,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a brand new hotel in Waco. I stayed there one night in June 2012. I utilized the free shuttle to/from the airport with no issues. The driver mentioned the hotel was new and they were still working out some bugs, but I didn't see that at all! Everyone was very professional and the place was super clean. The bar/restaurant was beautifully decorated and while I didn't eat or drink down there, it was full and the patrons seemed to be enjoying it. The rooms were nice and clean and modern and the AC worked great. The bathroom and shower were also very nice. I will return if I ever go to Waco again and next time I will def. try the restaurant!
I didn't check out the pool, but will do that next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Your stay with us is much appreciated. We hope you return to Waco, and we are able to prove a consistant experience for you. The Brazos Bar & Bistro (restaurant/bar) staff looks forward to mixing up one of our signature cocktails for you.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Loved everything about this hotel, I visit waco quite frequently and usually stay at the Hilton. I decided to try the Indigo after it opened. The rooms look spectacular, sand are very comfortable to lounge in. Haven't ever seen any sanitary issues this hotel is SPOTLESS! The Bar and Bistro is great! I've tried something new everytime and have not been dissapointed yet, not to mention the full bar! The pool and gym are top of the line, they have everything you need to get a full workout plus more. The staff was very friendly and helpful, have not had a single problem since I have started staying here. Needless to say I will not be staying at the Hilton again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are fortunate you chose to give us a chance with your initial stay. You have our commitment of continuing to earn your valued business while you're in Waco. If at anytime you have suggestions for us to improve the hotel, we will always welcome them. We want to be your home away from home.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The pool was freezing. We chose the hotel based on the fabulous photos of the pool. They clearly put a lot of money into it. So, why isn't it heated!!!! My kids and I went down there and five minutes later my son was asking to go back to the room. A fight ensued because my daughter was determined to swim no matter how cold it was. It was awful. What a foolish mistake to spend that much money on a lovely new hotel and pool area and not get a heater for the pool. The reason we don't go to the Hilton is because their pool isn't heated either. So we've been looking for a high end hotel in Waco (I have family there and visit often) with a heated pool. It's not Hotel Indigo!!!! If you are choosing between The Hilton and Hotel Indigo, choose the Hitlon: they both have freezing pools but at least the Hilton has room service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We truely apologize that you had a poor experience at our hotel. As with the other hotels in the area, a heated pool was most likely over looked due to the natural Central Texas heat. Our pool was disigned to be shaded so guest could choose to be out of the sun. However, we are always working to improve the experience at Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor and will heavily consider your thoughts as we make those future improvements.

We hope you will give Hotel Indigo Waco-Baylor a second chance.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful cool new hotel convenient to the zoo, Dr Pepper museum, Baylor campus and restaurants. Room is very modern and clean and comfie. Didn't try the food. The website makes it seem like the pool is big and cool and indoor outdoor. It is really a small micro pool under a covered porch. It looked clean and. Ice though... Just not worth changing into suits and my 12 year old was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your reponce. I am sorry that the pool was too cold to swim in, but i am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food is excellent and the presentation is like any top notch hotel.
They have some top shelf spirits (Literally). They need a ladder to reach the 30 year old scotch.
I don't know champagne but one table had a bottle of Cristal with dinner.
Rooms are very spacious with a fabulous mattress (but soft pillows but they are getting firm ones.
The only Indigo built from the ground up and much nicer than the remodel I stayed at in San Antonio River Walk. It was a nice property but did not have the chef.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were impressed by Brazo's. We hope that you return when you come back to visit Waco.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Waco local of 30+ years, extensive traveler and big city upbringing, had breakfast at Hotel Indigo 2 weeks ago . . . as was excited to try out a new place that I'd heard about from a friend. Arrived 6:50 a.m. on a weekday. Fellow at the desk told me the restaurant opened at 7, which I found odd, and also was a bit put off that he seemed bothered by my arrival and didn't ask if I wanted coffee. I asked if it was okay to take a seat at a table (which are placed beginning about 40 feet from the front desk in a very nice, open, modern, tastefully under-decorated, lobby, that apparently is also used for end of the day / evening cocktails and bar -- which seemed like a great place to try out). Took at seat at a table, and there is no one (customers or staff) anywhere around, place could have been vacant but for the fellow at the front desk). 20 minutes later a woman dressed in chef garb brings me a menu, which I notice indicates breakfast is served beginning at 6:30 a.m. I order. Fantastic omelet, good bacon, and excellent coffee. A few pieces of fruit on the plate too, nice touch. Waitress shows up at around 7:20, perhaps she overslept as I saw her walk in 5 minutes before she approached me and asked me if I wanted water. No offer to refill my coffee, but she did so on my request. As I was eating I noticed all kinds of glasses and napkins at little tables by the front window that someone forgot to clean up, likely from the night before. I was surprised that, for a newly opened place, no one came over to welcome me, or thank me for trying out the place, or tell me about all the "neat" stuff they were going to have going on. Missed opportunity, someone in management isn't paying attention to details. Not writing a review to complain, as much as to hopefully encourage management to get on the ball and work out the kinks that are going to take away from this place reaching the level it ought to reach as Waco's go to place for upscale travel, feel, and food. It presents like an upscale big city hotel. But, the presentation, other than the food, which was excellent, was very small town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the service that you encountered during your visit. Our wait staff should have been prompt and on schedule to serve you as you have implied. My management staff all read our trip advisors reports and I have brought your comments to the attention to all of them. We respect your comments and will use them to correct the issues that you encountered.

G.M.

Been to Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor? Share your experiences!