“Great restaurant and bar (Brazos bistro). Over the top service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Waco
Killeen, Texas
“Great restaurant and bar (Brazos bistro). Over the top service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food is excellent and the presentation is like any top notch hotel.
They have some top shelf spirits (Literally). They need a ladder to reach the 30 year old scotch.
I don't know champagne but one table had a bottle of Cristal with dinner.
Rooms are very spacious with a fabulous mattress (but soft pillows but they are getting firm ones.
The only Indigo built from the ground up and much nicer than the remodel I stayed at in San Antonio River Walk. It was a nice property but did not have the chef.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were impressed by Brazo's. We hope that you return when you come back to visit Waco.

G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Waco local of 30+ years, extensive traveler and big city upbringing, had breakfast at Hotel Indigo 2 weeks ago . . . as was excited to try out a new place that I'd heard about from a friend. Arrived 6:50 a.m. on a weekday. Fellow at the desk told me the restaurant opened at 7, which I found odd, and also was a bit put off that he seemed bothered by my arrival and didn't ask if I wanted coffee. I asked if it was okay to take a seat at a table (which are placed beginning about 40 feet from the front desk in a very nice, open, modern, tastefully under-decorated, lobby, that apparently is also used for end of the day / evening cocktails and bar -- which seemed like a great place to try out). Took at seat at a table, and there is no one (customers or staff) anywhere around, place could have been vacant but for the fellow at the front desk). 20 minutes later a woman dressed in chef garb brings me a menu, which I notice indicates breakfast is served beginning at 6:30 a.m. I order. Fantastic omelet, good bacon, and excellent coffee. A few pieces of fruit on the plate too, nice touch. Waitress shows up at around 7:20, perhaps she overslept as I saw her walk in 5 minutes before she approached me and asked me if I wanted water. No offer to refill my coffee, but she did so on my request. As I was eating I noticed all kinds of glasses and napkins at little tables by the front window that someone forgot to clean up, likely from the night before. I was surprised that, for a newly opened place, no one came over to welcome me, or thank me for trying out the place, or tell me about all the "neat" stuff they were going to have going on. Missed opportunity, someone in management isn't paying attention to details. Not writing a review to complain, as much as to hopefully encourage management to get on the ball and work out the kinks that are going to take away from this place reaching the level it ought to reach as Waco's go to place for upscale travel, feel, and food. It presents like an upscale big city hotel. But, the presentation, other than the food, which was excellent, was very small town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the service that you encountered during your visit. Our wait staff should have been prompt and on schedule to serve you as you have implied. My management staff all read our trip advisors reports and I have brought your comments to the attention to all of them. We respect your comments and will use them to correct the issues that you encountered.

G.M.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

When I was searching for a place to stay for a couple of nights in Waco, I was very pleased to see that there was now a Hotel Indigo close to the area of town where I wanted to stay. Since I had visited the Hotel Indigo Alamo Plaza in San Antonio a few times, I knew that the amenities would be first class. The differences between a unique renovated property such as the aforementioned Alamo Plaza location and a brand new construction as in Waco are very noticeable. The Waco location still has the "new car smell" and is kept up quite nicely. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, as has been my prior experience with Hotel Indigo personnel.

The room I was assigned was fairly spacious and easy to move about in, and the bed and furnishings were comfortable and functional.

As far as drawbacks, the parking lot design is a bit awkward to navigate, and I can see that a full house for a Baylor home football game might cause an overflow into the surrounding neighborhood streets. The TV reception was rather fuzzy and the HD channels were limited. The bathroom lighting is a bit dim, too. These might be some "new house" bugs that will be worked out over time, so probably not too much concern there.

All in all, it was a nice surprise to find such a modern, well-run hotel in Waco and I look forward to returning there whenever my travel requires a trip to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments. We are in the process of reconstruction of our parking lot to allow more cars in the front. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your return.

Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I recently spent a night here, and it was fantastic. I used to live in Waco, and I'm still pretty familiar with the bar and restaurant scene there. No doubt, the restaurant at Hotel Indigo is one of the few gems in Waco. They serve thoughtful, locally-inspired food, and the drinks are solid. Really, it's the only middle-range, non-chain joint in Waco - very reasonably priced for what you get. Also, the guys on staff are friendly and personable without being annoying, which I appreciate. The hotel room was modern and minimalist but comfortable. Overall, I really enjoyed this place. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments on the Hotel Indigo - Waco. We enjoy hearing about our service standards and we welcome your return.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My partner and myself came to Waco for training for a franchise we purchased. We began our stay at a another local hotel. We decided to take a walk and found ourselves in the lobby of the Indigo. We were met by the owner and some of their very polite staff. We were so impressed that we had them to show us there rooms. They showed us their most amazing rooms, so nice and clean. The food their is also amazing. When my partner and I come back from a crazy day in class they meet us at the door everyday, take our bags and have our drinks ready. They also shuttle us anywhere we want to go. I will tell you, I travel all the time, and by far this has been the best customer service I have experienced. Kudos! To the owners, GM, and staff. I will visit you again.

Room Tip: Rooms are great, standard room is extremely nice. The suite is amazing.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

T
We were traveling through Waco for a wedding and decided to stay at Hotel Indigo based on reviews. They were not wrong! Easy to find, large clean rooms, great food at the Brazos. Staff, from the front desk, to management, to our waitress, we're super friendly. Rooms are large, pillow-top king sized bed was comfy,with a great shower. Would definitely recommend for a relaxing stay!

• Stayed May 2012
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a pretty good stay this weekend. The rooms were very nice and the hotel was a good experience.

On the stay there was some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
The rooms were very big and clean.
The showers were massive.
The staff was very friendly.
Close to Baylor campus.

Cons:
Internet dropped a lot or would not connect at all.
Pool and hot tub were closed for half the time we were there
With the hotel full, parking lot was not big enough and people were parking all over. I was pretty much blocked in by people parking where they shouldn't
The room was dark as there was only one lamp in the room. It was hard to do work at the desk as there was no light on the desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_Waco, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo- Waco. We apprciate you review and look forward to you return.

Eric Adame
General MAnager

Been to Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor? Share your experiences!