“How can you screw up oatmeal?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Other location: 4700 Bosque Boulevard, Waco, TX
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“How can you screw up oatmeal?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My daughter and I had breakfast at the location on Bosque (I think that was the street name). She ordered a breakfast combo - egg, bacon, hash browns, and English muffin. I ordered a chai latte and oatmeal.

The chai latte was excellent, My daughter said her breakfast was good. My oatmeal was a lumpy mess. It had been cooked way past the point of creaminess. It comes with brown sugar (which the waiter forgot to bring) and I ordered bananas and pecans to top it off. I ended up pouring some of my chai into the oatmeal to loosen it up, but it was a lost cause. I ate a couple of bites and gave up.

Visited October 2013

“Local favorite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good place for brunch. Lots of omelets and homemade items to choose from. Only drawback is the lines. But, we went at unusual times and managed to get seated quickly.

Visited September 2013
Kingwood, TX
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

First time for us and we enjoyed it. Got there about 10 am with about 20 people waiting outside. Really no place to wait inside so go when it's not crowded or, if crowded, go when it's not raining!

On a tip from a friend, we called ahead and put our name on "the list". Worked great, and cut down waiting time. As to the food, French toast, ham and cheese omelette, and Mexican smash were all really good. Pancakes were great! Service good, but not much follow up. But it was busy, so some forgiveness is expected. Enjoy.

Visited September 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is not the biggest or the fastest place in Waco, but it may be the best sit-down restaurant. The bacon omelet was very tasty, with nice crispy bacon. We also had the blueberry and banana-pecan pancakes. The had real fruit and pecans, not a flavoring. Very good overall.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waco, Texas
“Breakfast is Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great big giant pancakes and all the breakfast food is superb without going broke. Across from the Heart Of Texas Coliseum the location is just about in the middle of Waco. The lunch fare is also really good.

Visited June 2013